SD State Radio cleanup in progress - please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I am slowly going thru (in the H's) in reordering the database to the DB standards. By default the sorting was by DEC order, so it threw all the agencies all over (IE, public works, then a fire department, then school bus then police, etc).

As I am going through, I am tightening up the GPS settings, sort order (County, towns, others) and then by function (police, fire, EMS, EMA, etc).

I see there are a bunch of tags that are labeled "tac" vs what looks to be more like dispatch channels. There are also a bunch of unknowns in the database as a whole.

Please look/listen in your area and please update this thread with current information so everyone has a proper listing and the database will look much better.

Some tweaking will occur, but I think things are starting to look good. The DB as a whole doesn't look like its had any submissions in awhile so not sure how current/stale this is.

Thanks for the help!

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Site 47 - Orient also needs updating. None of the listed freq's shows active in the FCC database and the callsign is invalid. If anyone close by can confirm the site and channels.

cliff490

Hi I received a Home Patrol 2 a few weeks a go and am monitoring site 17 in Mellette county still figuring things out.
first thing to report is that 155.95500 WPCB758 RM 100.0 PL Mellette SO Sheriff - has not been used since the state went digital it was a radio phone type system.
next is 155.80500 WPCB758 RM 100.0 PL Mellette FD Fire - is used for all paging fire, ems and police. it doesn't seem to be in my data base but I am receiving it from Cherry county Nebraska.

I am receiving quite a bit for such a sparsely populated are I have a (ST2) antenna to put up as soon as I can get some help.

I will do what I can with up dates as I figure things out.

Cliff

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Database updated for Mellette

KC0LOE

For the Yankton County listings: Yankton PD is not on the state system, they have thier own 800mhz provoice encrypted system. The Yankton PD Talk groups I have never heard activity on them. Yankton Fire Department is still on analog, and I have never heard activity on the talk groups listed for them.

Highway Patrol car to car channels are now mostly encrypted. All district office talk groups are full time encrypted now.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Haven't made it down that far yet, but I'll clean up Yankton. If you have any information on the provoice system (freq's, location, etc) please let me know so I can add it to the database.

KC0LOE

Yankton PD uses radios leased from RACOM. The talk group and Yankton site frequencies, are listed in the RACOM trunking system in the Yankton County listing.

Also, 154.60000 Mount Marty College, is no longer used. The college now uses a UHF repeater on 452.67500, call sign WQIG793 . The 170 MHZ Yankton Federal Prison frequencies have been abandoned. They now use their UHF P25 system exclusively. 453.10000, call sign KNBY395, is listed as County Road Maintenance. This is actually assigned and used by the Yankton School District. 453.22500, call sign KNJF427, was being used for County road maintenance, but has been silent for the last year. I believe Yankton County Highway Department has a talkgroup on the state system now. I'm waiting for a snow storm, so they have some radio traffic to confirm it.

I might have some more updates, but have to go through about a months worth of logs from the pro-197.

Last edited:

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Made some adjustments, but the original email didn't show everything above. I'll make some more adjustments in the next day or two. Please let me know if anything needs to be moved to another town, county, etc. I gave Yankton its own category. The medical stuff in the county listing, not sure if its hospital or EMS or both if you can advise.

KC0LOE

155.32500 was used for EMS to hospital traffic. This is no longer used. Yankton now uses their EMS talk group on the state wide digital system for EMS to hospital traffic. The Yankton Hospital does not operate pagers on 155.2800 any more. The Yankton Hospital paging freq of 152.0900 is also incorrect. The correct freq for the hospital paging system is 152.00750, call sign WPMM258.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I think I got those all in now

cliff490

updates

On the home patrol 2 TGID 25136 shown as unknown is used by River Cities Public Transit
other Unknowns are 2896 and 2928 are used by DOT trucks plowing snow

154.965 is not in the home patrol it is Mission SD City fire dispatch. Call from any phone and caller and dispatch are transmitted on this frequency

cliff490

update

TGID 992 is PBS Vermillion base and mobile out of Rapid City. They were working on the Long Valley tower today and will send someone out to work on the engine of the generator

KC0LOE

The 451.42500 Northwestern Energy 1 frequency, in the Yankton County listings, has been completely abandoned by them. The other two frequencies listed for them are what they use now. The rest of the listings for Yankton County look good. It defiantly needed to be updated. Its been a few years since it last was. Thanks.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Sometime group colaberation in small population states works really well.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
On the home patrol 2 TGID 25136 shown as unknown is used by River Cities Public Transit
other Unknowns are 2896 and 2928 are used by DOT trucks plowing snow

154.965 is not in the home patrol it is Mission SD City fire dispatch. Call from any phone and caller and dispatch are transmitted on this frequency

The talkgroups had already been fixed or you might be using an out of date database in your scanner.

Mission Fire added, please advise of a PL tone if one is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.