Trouble getting scanner to pick-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

taximan90

Premium Subscriber
I have Radio Shack pro-197 base and its portable version, the pro-106. I have been able to get my Nebraska to pick-up but am having issues getting South Dakota to pick-up. I have loaded the Beresford and the Vermillion towers into seperate trunk bands so they aren't fighting with each other but I still can't get anything. Anybody have any ideas. I live in the Sioux City area.

R

retiredmich

What County's are these 2 in, Beresford and Vermillion ?

tyytor

Vermillion is in Clay County, Beresford is in Lincoln and Union counties,
what software are you using to program?
you might have to use the custom tables listed on the system page.

Last edited:

taximan90

Premium Subscriber
Using win500 which I love. I used to work for Union County Sheriff and I had my own business in Vermillion. Vermillion is the closest tower to me, but I am getting nothing off either.

starwtc

You have to program as a VHF system. You have to use the Custom Frequency Tables for each tower.

talkpair

Here's that table from another post:
http://forums.radioreference.com/so...nnington-county-custom-table.html#post1451763

The table on the system database page lacks the low channel and high channel information.

If table entries are correct, you should start hearing traffic. Watch the display and make sure that each time the scanner switches from the control channel to a voice channel that you hear something.
If there is a problem with the table, no audio will be heard and the scanner will bounce back and forth between the control channel and an invalid voice channel. Keep a record of the voice channel frequencies you hear traffic on as well as any you heard no audio from.

earnhardt3fan

Frequency Pennington county

I just bought the Unidentifiable bcg536hp. I seem to be getting some traffic but I have not gotten any highway patrol and I expected more police traffic. Is there specific frequency I need to program in?

Status
Not open for further replies.