Freescan in Sioux Falls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtblack

I've been trying to setup my scanner here in SF. I want to listen to the P25 system. I have programmed in the control channels and TG's. I can't hear a thing. There's something I'm missing and can't put my finger on it. I had no problem programming the P25 system in Phoenix with Freescan.

I know SD uses the Motorola type 2 yet the freqs are not 800's. The scanner I'm using is the 396XT Uniden. I've used Freescan for years and never had a problem. The scanner does get a signal yet doesn't pick up the TG's. Any help appreciated. I'm on the verge of paying RR to program it through Freescan.

dirtblack

After thinking about the problem it finally dawned on me that South Dakota radio system uses VHF. Of course it would with the channels being non 800's. I guess it's been so long since I've even thought about the older systems. In AZ most are strictly all digital P25 systems. Anyone else that needs help let me know. I teach you how to program most any scanner.

Mykholb123

Premium Subscriber
I need help programming my 396xt. I have minimal frequencies scanned and this is unlike any scanner I ever dealt with. Please help I will pay you. Or whatever it is. My cell is 6023009135

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.