Black Hill/High West radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Also posted to South Dakota...

There is conflicting information about this wide area system. People are saying its MPT1327 and others MOTOTRBO.

I am guessing that perhaps both are in play and two different systems (MPT1327 up north and DMR down south) but I don't know.

Can anyone confirm any information on what/where?

Thanks

tyytor

black hills energy is MPT1327 in the Cheyenne, WY area ///// high west energy in the cheyenne area is Mototrbo no confusion at all south dakota my be another story ??

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Looking back there were several submissions that I think got things all confused, and with changes in ownership from the corporations.

Black Hills Energy as a to the house provider operates in the Black Hills, and they also bought CL&P in Cheyenne from xcel, and bought out sourcegas that has a similar footprint.

Black Hills Corporation also provides gas and transmission services between WY/CO/SD/NE.

High West is its own deal, but I believe they do get their supplies from BH's as well as others.

So basically, in a way - the water is somewhat muddy but it is not.

Many of the BH licenses in the FCC database have long since been canceled.

High West was separated from the Black Hills system.

We just need to rebuild the BH system and stream line both.

tyytor

why were the Wyoming sites removed from the data base they are still active here just curious??

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Working on that.

There was some confusion when it was listed and noted the system was noted as part of high west

Status
Not open for further replies.