Air Band Antenna Splitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I came across this on fleabay while looking for something else.
NEW AVIATION ANTENNA COUPLER 36" LEADS VHF NAV COM GLIDESLOPE AIRCRAFT DIPLEXER | eBay
I am thinking about getting one but I have never seen one before let alone know anyone who has one. I am thinking of the following set up: Stridsberg active multicoupler to Par vhf airband filter to this splitter, ending in two BCT15X scanners dedicated to airband monitoring. Antenna is a Diamond D130J with less than 40' of low loss cable, mounted outside. The price seems right for experimenting and I like that it is made for the airband. By using the splitter, I can save a spot on the multicoupler. It's not a NEED purchase as much as a curiosity more than anything. The antenna WILL be changed in the spring to one dedicated for airband, possibly from DPD. I welcome any suggestions or comments on this.

Manny

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
Wow that is vintage and expensive. Maybe you could try a cable TV slitter and few adapters for less? Both have some signal loss even though I did not see that in the specs for the airband splitter.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Wow that is vintage and expensive. Maybe you could try a cable TV slitter and few adapters for less? Both have some signal loss even though I did not see that in the specs for the airband splitter.

After my first post, I came across another seller. I am actually gonna give THIS seller a try. MUCH better price:
Piper Antenna Coupler 555-501
Cable TV splitters are a thing of the past for me. Used them for years until I switched over to Stridsberg multicouplers.
Manny

prcguy

I would look for a high quality splitter where you can verify the specs and you can find them by MiniCircuits and other well known companies with current spec sheets for very low $. If all the scanners will be used for airband its best to put the filter in front of the active multicoupler.
prcguy

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I would look for a high quality splitter where you can verify the specs and you can find them by MiniCircuits and other well known companies with current spec sheets for very low $. If all the scanners will be used for airband its best to put the filter in front of the active multicoupler.
prcguy

Only 2 of the 4 BCT15Xs in line will be dedicated for airband monitoring which is why I was thinking of doing it this way.
The other 2 are for general scanning. I'll look into the MiniCircuits.

Manny

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.