question about nascar

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello i was spose to go to a race last year for first time but it did not work out anyway my question when scanning the drivers frequencies are the crew chiefs and spotters on diffrent frequencies than the drivers or are they all on the same frequencies, just wandering if they all have diffrent frequencies. thanks if any one has help also is there up to date listing for frequencies here at radio reference, thanks again

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
From my experience, each team uses a single frequency for race comms (spotters, chief, and driver).

dbsar

Premium Subscriber
I cant answer your specific question but I can say I took my scanner to a race and learned you can not hear anything (on scanner) unless you have big headphones on. Those cars are LOUD !

hockeyshrink

I cant answer your specific question but I can say I took my scanner to a race and learned you can not hear anything (on scanner) unless you have big headphones on. Those cars are LOUD !

Yep, turns out people wear those funny looking RE headsets for a reason!

The tiny "trackside" antenna does not work as well as the stock ducky for me at Pocono. It sounds like some of the team repeaters are located a bit afar from the track.

As racetoys points out, some teams use a second freq for garage or other communications.

I personally think listening to your favorite drivers adds to the whole NASCAR experience!

Get out there and have a great time!

Here's my fav NASCAR site for info and gear:

http://www.racingelectronics.com/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.