Audiodave1

Database Admin
From Philadelphia, All 4w handhelds.

469.325 Merchandise 047 DPL
469.500 Show Control / Track 047 DPL
464.625 MC / Scoring 047 DPL
466.025 Loaders/ Tow Vehicles 047 DPL

jaymatt1978

So you think these are used at all the shows or just the one in Philly??? I'm taking my nephew to the show at the Meadowlands in a few weeks

Audiodave1

Database Admin
They are likely common to all shows. Never know when they will change radios but I have seen these channels for 3 years.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
What kind of radios do they use to talk to the drivers? Are the freqs encrypted?

Audiodave1

Database Admin
They do not talk to the drivers, just the show crew.

Plain old analog on GP300's I believe. They will not be in a hurry to go narrow band / Digital given the tight $$$ in that production.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
They do not talk to the drivers, just the show crew.

Plain old analog on GP300's I believe. They will not be in a hurry to go narrow band / Digital given the tight $$$ in that production.

What would the show crew be? Don't they also have some kind of kill switch for the trucks if something goes wrong? What kind of freq would that be on?

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Show control is just clearing the course area, getting the next performers ready and dealing with in show logistics.

Yes, each truck has a (unique) radio activated engine kill/brake activate which is a series of repeating DTMF tones. These are in the UHF band but I didn't bother logging them. There are 4 frequencies for this if I remember correctly.

Dave

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Show control is just clearing the course area, getting the next performers ready and dealing with in show logistics.

Yes, each truck has a (unique) radio activated engine kill/brake activate which is a series of repeating DTMF tones. These are in the UHF band but I didn't bother logging them. There are 4 frequencies for this if I remember correctly.

Dave

Okay,thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.