Jam Productions - Event frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
This is the closest forum I could find for this question;

Does anyone know who Jam productions uses for a security firm for their outdoor events??
Has anyone caught frequencies in use by them at any events? The reason I ask is there is a major concert scheduled for August 18th in Northwest Il. at which "Mumford & Sons" during the "Gentlemen of the Road Tour" will perform in Dixon,Ill.
The population for this community where the concert takes place will double in size for about 2 days!
!5,000 are expected for the concert and that's also the towns population.
Jam productions are to provide a security firm to assist the local leo's for this event to monitor the campground areas, parking, Etc.
Hence a lot of stuff to listen to from event staff, sound equipment, security!
Thanks for any info anyone has.

n9zas

brin831

scan 450 to 470 i would bet my day's pay on the fact that most if not all of the productions/security personnel etc will be in this range ...

working in production industry myself and dealing with radios a lot i find its not likely to find to much license info on any of these because most concert crews working traveling with the band have some radios someone has programed and there is no telling what freq's they used ... i have see many programed below 450 too so a safer bet would be say 400 to 470 as many uhf ht's can do ham bands as well or overlap some at least.

not many if any will be on repeaters except any local law enforcement but if your familiar with the area then you probably know what bands they use already

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Thanks. I just thought maybe someone had seen a list somewhere from past events they've done or maybe who Jam Productions contracted for security?
I've never been to a event they did, so I thought it might be interesting.

n9zas

stmills

Having worked these type events from an EMS side what I have usually found were locally rented radios set up, sometimes on a repeater depending on the venue size used by the event organizers and staff: including food, transportation, medical, security and event production staff, the individual performers production staff were usually on there own radios. The one interesting one I recently saw come through was earlier this summer where the event was using radios from Bearcom and they got a STA license for a Mototrbo system for this site and a few other around the country this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.