intercom system @ NASCAR races

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleDog

I just attended to Bank of America NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Charlotte this past weekend.

I now realize that having a scanner with a Y cord enabling both of us to listen to the scanner is not enough; the use of an intercom system so that we could talk back and forth would greatly enhance the race. It's a pain in the butt to try and yell in each others ears. The choices out there for such an intercom system appear to be as follows:

Racing Electronics = $250
This system requires a control box; and extra item that you need to plug into.

Racing Scanners = $299
This system links the headsets directly to one another

TrackScan = $250
This system links the headsets directly to one another

On paper, it looks like the choice is easy; TrackScan. But does anyone out there have any experience with their products vs RE's or Radio Shacks ?

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I dont know what the cost would be, probably more, but in my opinion the best and most flexible option would be to get scanner headsets and those family radios to communicate and then plug the scanner into the scanner jack on the headset. Then you're not physically tethered anymore and dont have extra wires between you. Also gives you the ability to communicate if one goes to get food or the bathroom or something. Another suggestion would to get one of those little race-ceiver things that are slightly smaller than a pager and can clip on the metal bar behind your head. The only thing with those is I dont know if those can be programmed to scan multiple frequencies or not. We use one for our spotter so its always just parked on the track frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.