Which Radio for Events

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvanF

Hi everyone,

I am new in two way radio and I am deciding to buy some two way radio for business purpose. I am current deciding between the Vertex Standard vx451/351 and Kenwood TK3360/3168s. I really appreciate some generous feedback on this two brands and which one is a better choice. I am also open to other brands too which I can check if they are approved models in Singapore. Mainly for events purposes which is why I am looking at small and slim radios. I have heard some problems regards to this two brands so I am really confuse on which brand and model to get.

Thanks,
Ivan

mformby

Business radios

Either Vertex or Kenwood would be acceptable for business purposes. Without more information it is difficult to say which one would be better in your case. Take into consideration that smaller radios have small speakers therefore less quality audio. If you will be working in a noisy environment you will need audio earpieces/headsets. The Motorola BPR40 is also small and thin. It is a durable radio and should be looked at also.
Hi everyone,

I am new in two way radio and I am deciding to buy some two way radio for business purpose. I am current deciding between the Vertex Standard vx451/351 and Kenwood TK3360/3168s. I really appreciate some generous feedback on this two brands and which one is a better choice. I am also open to other brands too which I can check if they are approved models in Singapore. Mainly for events purposes which is why I am looking at small and slim radios. I have heard some problems regards to this two brands so I am really confuse on which brand and model to get.

Thanks,
Ivan

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Make sure you consider the cost of accessories, batteries, and replacement parts (antennas, belt clips, etc.) over the life of the radio. One brand may seem like a less expensive option, but in the long run you may pay more for it. A hand held radio isn't an item you pay for once. Over the life of the radio you will need to replace rechargeable battery packs, antennas that get bent or damaged, broken belt clips, and especially if you use audio accessories.

Also, consider the costs of licensing (if required in your country) and any programming.

IvanF

Thanks, I am using it mainly for event photography and videography. Mainly to communicate with the crews on job if we are at a distance away. Was recommended Motorola cp 477 since the annual licensing for the is pretty expensive for vertex and kenwood. will check out more on the bpr40 and the accessories for long term usage. Really thanks so much for more information.

VSTech

As for warranty status, Vertex Standard gives a 3 year warranty from date it was purchased (keep your receipt)

I would recommend the VX-450 models w/ FNB-V113LI (2400mA)

VX-451 2 groups/32 channels
VX-454 32 groups/512 channels

IP57 Water resistance, but if gets water inside, it will still be repaired for free
Best speaker audio
Built-in MDC1200 option (VX-454 needed)

Free software and service manuals @ businessonline.vertexstandard.com

With extra purchase LTR option can be installed

cabletech

Hi everyone,

I am also open to other brands too which I can check if they are approved models in Singapore.
Thanks,
Ivan

And I think everyone missed this fact about being in China.

Vertex and Kenwood may not have a local dealer.

Ivan since you are in Singapore, why not get one of those Brofang Radios that are being sold not of Singapore and Hong Kong?

Looking at the price that is advertized here in the USA, it would probly cost you $20.00us.

Work with a local radio dearler as they will know what frequency's you can use.

Status
Not open for further replies.