RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Topic Specific Forums > Sports and Recreational Events

Sports and Recreational Events For discussion of radio communications used in sports and recreational events. For example, NASCAR, NFL, PGA, Indy, Moto GP, etc. For track or stadium specific comms please use its Regional forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 12:23 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default 2014 NASCAR Frequencies

I might head out to Phoenix International Raceway this weekend to enjoy some of the racing events and activities. Anyone have a link to a list of accurate 2014 NASCAR frequencies? Anyone have a Uniden .hpe file (or other scanner file) of NASCAR frequencies that they would like to share?
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2014, 12:17 PM
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The Wiki page has been updated with current frequencies. There are some missing, and they do change on a regular basis. Wiki articles are free for anyone to make changes. If there are freqs that are not correct, or new freqs identified, please update to help out everyone.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/NASCAR
Old 03-18-2014, 12:29 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellphone View Post
The Wiki page has been updated with current frequencies. There are some missing, and they do change on a regular basis. Wiki articles are free for anyone to make changes. If there are freqs that are not correct, or new freqs identified, please update to help out everyone.

NASCAR - The RadioReference Wiki
I only see 1 mistake so far, it's the 00 David Reutimann.

Quote:
Reutimann began the 2014 season without a ride in any of NASCAR's top three divisions, however in March it was announced that he would drive the Sprint Cup No. 35 Ford for Front Row Motorsports at Bristol Motor Speedway. However, he failed to qualify for the event.
Quote from here.
David Reutimann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 03-18-2014, 1:35 PM
Mid-MI DB Admin
Database Admin

Re-fixed David Reutimann

Only thing to evaluate and verify was from a previous edit years ago,
Quote:
NASCAR officials' channels will be utilizing MOTOTRBO
Old 03-18-2014, 2:17 PM
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Nascar officials were using channel 1 and 2 at the Phoenix race earlier this month. They were analog and not MOTOTRBO.
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2014, 8:37 AM

Got tired of renting at the track and just bought a scanner (BCAT125), programming is easy with a PC and have a couple of questions regarding the CTCSS/DCS functions.

1) Do they need to be enabled and programmed properly?
2) Will the vendor's trailer have these settings or just the channel frequencies?

Noticed that the tones are not listed here: < http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/NASCAR>, so must not be critical, but would hate to have interference.

Seems to be if there was interference from a distance source that adjusting the squelch would cure it.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:41 AM
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Tones do not need to be programmed. They will reduce interference, but also add complexity. If you use tones, not only do you need the correct frequency programmed, you also need the correct tones which are not documented.

The vendors like Racing Electronics will sell updated lists of freqs at the track for $5.

Have fun at the races!
Old 03-26-2014, 4:29 PM

Default NASCAR question

Thinking of taking a 6 year old to Dover in Sept.. How is the language on the radio? Don't want to bring him home to his mom with a new vocabulary.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Thinking of taking a 6 year old to Dover in Sept.. How is the language on the radio? Don't want to bring him home to his mom with a new vocabulary.
How the ^@&$ do you think the ^@&$*%# language is going to be?? haha

If that's your biggest concern, get him his own radio(or rent one at the track) and program it with MRN or one of the broadcast frequencies. He won't know the difference. All he'll know is he has a radio just like his daddy does.
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2014, 5:13 PM

Thank you, I will just have the MRM freq. on the scanner.
Old 04-08-2014, 8:30 PM

Hello. I will probably be going to the Nascar Sprint Cup race at Michigan in June.

I am just wondering if anyone on here would have a list of all the freq's for the Drivers and officials, with CTCSS and DCS Tones. I know a few years ago when I went they were using tones. I prefer to have them, so I have them entered in and won't have to worry about any interference coming from those freq's. And so it will save me from searching and going through all those freq's.

So if anyone knows a website that has the tones with these freq's would be great. Or if anyone who has been to the few races this year has a PRO 96 file or any file they can send me and I can just get the tones from there, would be great as well. So I can have everything all setup and ready to go when the time comes for the race in June.

I will be waiting for any replies to this post.

Thanks
Old 04-08-2014, 8:37 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Http://www.SpeedwayScanner.com
Twitter- @JasonThompson_1
Old 04-13-2014, 10:59 AM

Ok. Thanks. That is a site you have to pay for to get the freq's.

I was looking at a free site or if anyone on here has a up to date freq list for all the drivers with the CTCSS and DCS Tones they are using. So it will save me from going through them all trying to get there tones. This way I can have it all set up and ready to go for the race in Michigan in June.

I will only be going this last time probably for a long time, so I don't want to get the freq's from a site you have to pay for just for this one race.

So if anyone on here knows of a free updated site that shows the Tones for all the drivers I would appreciate it. Or if anyone has a file they got from the few races this year with the Tones, that would be great as well.

So I will be waiting for any replies to this post.

Thanks.
Old 05-13-2014, 9:45 AM
Mentor
Database Admin

The tones really aren't all that important. I just normally put my scanner on tone search and store them as I'm scanning.
Old 05-21-2014, 9:16 AM

Ok, was just wondering if anyone had the Tones for the drivers so it would eliminate the interference and also so I can have everything all set to go, including the tones for when I get there to Michigan next month.
But if no one has them or doesn't want to give them out. Ok no problem.

Will get them when I am at the race.

Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 05-22-2014, 12:44 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I normally go to one of the scanner trailer and spend the $5.00 on a scanner listing sheet. That way you know they are correct for the race. I have never worried about tones but i guess if you were worried you could. those are not listed on the race sheets.
Old 05-22-2014, 1:12 PM
Mentor
Database Admin

Again, why not just do what I suggested in post #14? Have all your freqs and tags in place but the tone set to tone squelch. When a driver transmits hit the E button... bingo, tone stored, on to the next. This is how I did it a few years ago and within about 20 minutes of being at Cup practice I had the majority of the field stored. Plus, you know the info you have is correct. What happens when you find an old list where someone says Dale Jr uses a tone of 91.5 but it's really DPL245? If you have the wrong tone in, you aren't hearing a thing. And don't worry about interference, it's very rarely an issue (I've scanned at both MIS races for MANY years). The tones are nice, but certainly not required.
Old 05-22-2014, 1:44 PM
Mentor
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; en-us; SAMSUNG SM-P605V Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.5 Chrome/28.0.1500.94 Safari/537.36)

Years ago I brought a scanner to the Brickyard and Dover races, the Indy time trials and the Indy and Montreal F1 races. Couldn't hear anything with cars on the tracks... wasn't worth the effort hassling with headphones, coolers, binoculars. Too many distractions and other things going on. Just go have fun and enjoy the sounds.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:14 AM
Mentor
Database Admin

You definitely need a proper set of headphones, that's for sure. Any sort of ear buds or traditional 'ear muff' headphones simply won't work. I have 2 pairs that I purchased from the Racing Electronics trailer years ago and they work fantastic, but weren't cheap.. I think they were about $75 a pair (and those were the basic model).
Old 06-05-2014, 9:44 AM

Smile

Ok yah that is what I will do next weekend when I am there at MIS just have my PRO 96 in Tone Search and see what comes up and get them this way.

Yah I have headphones I picked up the one time I was there so I am all good to go that way.

Will have a spare set of batteries just incase lol.

I have everything entered in so I should be good to go for next Sunday for the race.

Thanks for the replies and will enjoy the race live in person.