Dolores & Montezuma County CO and San Juan County UT scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWCOScanner

Feed Provider
I have just started a new feed on ScanAmerica covering Dolores & Montezuma Counties in Colorado and San Juan County in Utah.

Here's a link to the feed page: http://dolores.co.scanamerica.us/index.php

The feed is from 2 scanners, a RS Pro-2044 for the VHF and 400 UHF, and a RS Pro-2096 for the 800 stuff. I hope to replace the 2044 soon, as it has some SERIOUS intermod issues from air traffic and oil field trucks. Due to there being 2 separate scanners, there will occasionally be 2 things being heard at once. I decided that the benefits obtained by using 2 scanners and 2 antennas outweighed the convenience and simplicity of a single scanner. Perhaps one of these days I'll get an antenna good enough to pull in VHF, 400 and 800 on the same antenna, but until then...

Here's a mostly complete list of the agencies that you'll be able to hear on this feed:

DOLORES COUNTY, COLORADO:
Dolores County Sheriff
Dove Creek Fire
Dove Creek Ambulance
Rico Fire & Rescue

MONTEZUMA COUNTY, COLORADO:
Pleasant View Fire & Rescue
Lewis-Arriola Fire & Rescue
Dolores Fire & Rescue
Cortez Fire & Rescue
Mancos Fire & Rescue
Montezuma County Sheriff
Cortez City Police
Southwest Ambulance
Search and Rescue

STATE/FEDERAL AGENCIES:
Colorado State Patrol (mainly 5A, but also 5C & others)
Colorado Division of Wildlife
Bureau of Land Management
Utah Highway Patrol (SE section, Price dispatch)
US Forest Service
Mesa Verde National Park
Bureau of Indian Affairs (rarely)
Ute Mountain Ute Tribe (rarely)

SAN JUAN COUNTY, UTAH:
San Juan County Sheriff
Monticello Ambulance, Fire, & Rescue
Blanding Ambulance, Fire, & Rescue
Bluff Ambulance, Fire, & Rescue
Montezuma Creek Ambulance, Fire, & Rescue
La Sal Fire & Rescue

I'm sure there are others, but that's the major ones. With the current 800 MHz antenna I have, I am only able to monitor one site on the Colorado DTRS (#202, Abajo Peak), with the scanner running in "open" mode for that site. The Mesa Verde National Park feed monitors everything in the park, from police to maintenance - it is also offline all night, every night. Also note that many of the Colorado agencies use BOTH VHF and 800 DTRS. The other Montezuma County feed receives different DTRS traffic than I do, so I suggest using both if you really want to hear it all...

On occasion, especially during major local events (fires, severe accidents, severe weather), the scanners will get locked on a single channel for better monitoring of the ongoing event.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.