Bote's Mixer Board (Ft Lauderdale) channel tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Yep, they still take a while to start appearing, but the damned 780 reports the CONTROL CHANNEL as active while scanning among the 3 trunked systems. So I think when this happens the tags are changing more rapidly than Shoutcast can keep up with them.

I'll keep massaging the thing to get it as good as possible.

Thanks.

Bote

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Bote's Mixer Board upgrades (Fort Lauderdale)

I have compiled and installed Icecast server 2.3.2 on my linux box that will ultimately replace all the current Shoutcast feeds hosted on it. It's wayyyyy better than Shoutcast for me to administer and you to monitor. The channel tags are much snappier and the latency between when they say it and when you hear it is greatly reduced, down to about 10-15 seconds now. It's pretty close to real-time. It's even easier for you to remember the feed name because it's embedded right in the listen link.

So Bote's Mixer Board has migrated to:
http://colostreaming.com:8000/botemixer.m3u
Bote's Mixer Board features fire scanner radio traffic from the Fort Lauderdale, Florida area, both the city itself and Broward County Fire West dispatch and response talkgroups. I'm trying to focus on eastern Broward County, although Broward's tactical response channels are shared by all the departments they dispatch.

I have added a new stream called Bote's Wild Feed. It's usually police traffic to mirror the fire radio on the Mixer Board, but you still never know what you'll hear on it:
http://colostreaming.com:8000/botewild.m3u
This carries Fort Lauderdale's 3 police districts and Broward Sheriff's Office Oakland Park talkgroup.

I will be combining both feeds onto one machine hopefully over the coming holiday week, so there will be some downtime. Don't be discouraged, it won't be down for long.

There are more improvements coming, so stay tuned to my Trackstreamer blog for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.