How to get your feed online Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnmsales

Please note this is an older guide but will work for setting it up. Some of the links in the tut may be outdated.

http://www33.websamba.com/cnmsales/oddcast tutorial.html

Any questions please feel free to msg me.

When installing ice cast the config file will look MUCH different then my example. This is because they have cleaned it up. All you need to do is fill in the info in the one from icecast. No need to copay and paste everything over from mine.

APSN556

Premium Subscriber
These instructions were worthless for me and I imagine anyone else who is novice at setting this stuff up. DYNdns.org is no longer a site, so the updater will not work. Not much is discussed about the server side of things... the list goes on.

Sorry, just coming from a frustrated guy...

dwh367

These instructions were worthless for me and I imagine anyone else who is novice at setting this stuff up. DYNdns.org is no longer a site, so the updater will not work. Not much is discussed about the server side of things... the list goes on.

Sorry, just coming from a frustrated guy...

Dyndns.org will redirect to dyndns.com on my end. I am currently running a stream via Shoutcast and using the dyndns updater to point toward my current IP address for the feed.
I have been using Shoutcast to test things out with. I am using my desktop computer as both the source and the server.
Now that I have the basics down and everything is stable, I will be getting a used laptop, over the weekend, to dedicate to the stream. Once I get that set up, and make sure everything remains stable, then I plan to finally move the feed over to scanamerica.us
Although your mileage may vary, Shoutcast has served well for me to learn how everything works, and to get the bugs out of the system, before I move on to bigger and better things.
Maybe it would benefit you as well to start out that way, get an understanding of how things work, and then move on to something else once you have the basics down.
Regardless of how you decide to go about getting yours set up, I wish you the best of luck!

APSN556

Premium Subscriber
I'm actually going in the oposite direction you are. I have had 4 feeds successfully running on scanamerica for over a year now with no issues. What I want to do know is set a few up using my own server as opposed to the scan america one. For me, half the battle is getting a static IP and getting everything to work with my router and wireless modem.

Austin4Wyo

Seems that the guide in the first post has gone the way of the dodo due to the hosting service going under. Anyone have a link and/or a saved copy of that guide?

I had my PSR-500 set up to stream so I could listen at work, but have just recently upgraded my desktop platform and lost my config file for Winamp. Would be nice to set that up again.

Thanks ahead of time.

How to get setup

i am wanting to begin braodcasting upto 4 channels. here are my quetions. Can i do it all from one computer? What all will i need?

wenisstink

I have no idea how to config darkice, if you know how, or know someone who could, walk me through the wikki please message me, thanks. wenisstink

wenisstink

darkice

If there are any software developers out there that could help me with configuring dark ice from the wikki I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you are using other software to host a feed, please feel free to write something up for the wiki. We have several packages listed there without any instructions - the simpler the writeup the better. Here's the article link (anything in blue)

Broadcasting Software - The RadioReference Wiki

If we get more packages documented, I'll begin splitting each package off to their own page - that way they can be expanded and keep an unique topic for each. 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.