Voice Server, for streaming scanners, Im hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saber_Radio

Hello, I'm putting together a voice server, and I'm looking for people who are willing to stream their scanner on my server.

My server can be used for anything from Radio over internet communications, personal use and I'm hoping for some streaming scanners.

If you want to be apart of this let me know, feel free to join, help out, give suggestions, I'm just starting this out, I'm hoping it will grow.

Voice quality is as good as team speak, if not better.

Thank you!
Please contact me if you are interested! I will do anything to accommodate you joining.

Saber_Radio

What I'm using is called "GSC" its not well known but works great, I've used it for about a year now, its meant for gaming, but anyone can use it, I am just trying to organize a server for Radio Reference. I am already playing with the radio I have connected to my laptop, talking to it using my ht1000 and the sound is coming in great.

Saber_Radio

More Information...

Well what I have set up is a voice server with the hopes of people joining to help me create a voice server that offers ROIP communications and Live scanner feeds. I currently have no members,, other than myself. I already have my personal system set up, I have a kenwood connected to my laptop which is connected to the server allowing me to talk with my ht-1000 directly on the server with crystal clear quality.

The software and registration is free, I have a sever up and running 24/7, I'm hosting with high speed internet and can support many users at once. I'm working on getting a couple additional computers running so I can have some good interoperability.

The Software I am using is called "GSC" if you do download and install, after you register please send me your login name so I can add you to the voice server, f you wish to stream your scanner I can set up your own room with any accommodations you would like.

This software allows recording and many options, the quality is far better than teamspeak, and any other voice over IP application I used.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask! PM or do what ever you would like to contact me, I'm willing to help you with anything you need, I would love to have many people join this.

Thank you!

Saber_Radio

I could use more members, I have one other person helping out with this, I think it would be really cool to get this up and running.

Saber_Radio

I still would like to get more members, it is absolutely free, and works great, I just need help getting more users

MTRFD

Roip

I'm kinda interested in RIOP for personal communications. Did I understand that this was going to be an option kinda like EchoLink..ect....? If so what is needed to hook a radio up to a pc for both tx/rx capabilities and what kind of delay are you seeing between transmissions.? Sorry for the questions but i find this part of it kinda interesting and wondering if it is worth exploring.

Thanks for your time.

Saber_Radio

Thank you for your interest!

I'm still working on getting the tx part of the system working right, for now I am using a VOX headset with my radio and that works perfectly.
For RX I have my radio wired in through the sound card.
and I havent really been able to test the delay, havent had anyone to help me out yet

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I'm kinda interested in RoIP for personal communications. Did I understand that this was going to be an option kinda like EchoLink..ect....? If so what is needed to hook a radio up to a pc for both tx/rx capabilities and what kind of delay are you seeing between transmissions.? Sorry for the questions but i find this part of it kinda interesting and wondering if it is worth exploring.

Thanks for your time.

There are various ways to hook up a radio for this.

"Boca Bob" (who now lives in Ocala, Florida) makes a family of boards for E-QSO and I think Echolink, maybe others. He talks about them at length on his website, the Portable Clinic.

The company for which I do work, VoiceInterop, makes a neat little product that turns RTP packets into analog audio and keying information, the AudioMate 360r.

You don't need a server to do this in a one-to-one, point-to-point arrangement. You only need a server when you start conferencing multiple participants together. Obviously, if you're playing a multi-player game you would need GSC or something like it to bridge everybody together.

You could test out your RoIP idea with the free Robust Audio Tool, which is anything but robust. It'll get the job done, but just barely.

I found a rudimentary soft console that runs on Windows from ComTekk that looks like it could control a radio hooked to an AM360r, but I have not tried it.

I have several Shoutcast feeds for my scanner, they work well. Shoutcast feeds will play on WinAmp, VLC, iTunes, and Windows Media Player. I guess the GSC software would work for scanners, but I have never used it. If it requires GSC software to listen to the scanner that could be an impediment to adoption, as it was for that outfit that runs TeamSpeak for its scanner feeds.

Hope this helps.

Saber_Radio

I would just like to announce, I have my first real member for my voice server, he is broadcasting his scanner for Sanilac County, MI. I hope many more people follow, the sound quality is great, we are going to be testing my radios over the server this weekend. Please come join!
Thank you!!!

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I would just like to announce, I have my first real member for my voice server, he is broadcasting his scanner for Sanilac County, MI. I hope many more people follow, the sound quality is great, we are going to be testing my radios over the server this weekend. Please come join!
Thank you!!!

I don't understand what I would do if I join. What do your radios do? I'm not understanding who I would talk to if I join.

Do I listen to that guy's scanner or do I listen to you talk to me on your portable?

Saber_Radio

it both, you can either go into one of the scanner rooms, or you can go into the radio over internet room. Right now you can only talk to me, or listen to his scanner... but I'm getting another computer this weekend so I'm going to stream the south police dispatch for my county.

Me and my new member Bill are actively trying to gain new members, we are hoping this sever grows.

KC5NOI

Hello, I'm putting together a voice server, and I'm looking for people who are willing to stream their scanner on my server.

My server can be used for anything from Radio over internet communications, personal use and I'm hoping for some streaming scanners.

If you want to be apart of this let me know, feel free to join, help out, give suggestions, I'm just starting this out, I'm hoping it will grow.

Voice quality is as good as team speak, if not better.

Thank you!
Please contact me if you are interested! I will do anything to accommodate you joining.

You have my interest. Please let me know what I need to do to join your network. Do you have a website for me to read information? or do I just download GSC and go from there?

Thanks!
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.