I just need a walk-through on putting a feed online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC9VZV

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone just give me very basic instructions on how to put a scanner feed online for listening to on vacation? I really don't have much of an idea of what I am doing here, so anything helps!

Thanks!

keithmj

Saint Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida
Can anyone just give me very basic instructions on how to put a scanner feed online for listening to on vacation? I really don't have much of an idea of what I am doing here, so anything helps!

Thanks!

Hi..Go to ScanAmerica: Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners and Gordon will help you set it up. Just one simple file that you run and you are online. He'll be more than happy to help you..This is the easiest way..Cheers..Keithmj

NYRHKY94

I agree with KeithMJ completely. I have 5 feeds hosted by Gordon on Scan America and it was the best thing I ever did. Simple, easy & free. Can't live without it now :)

richtidd

Database Admin
I agree with KeithMJ completely. I have 5 feeds hosted by Gordon on Scan America and it was the best thing I ever did. Simple, easy & free. Can't live without it now :)

I also agree. I have two stereo feeds on ScanAmerica & Gorden is great.
I plan on adding more streams as well.

keithmj

Saint Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida
Agree with NYRHKY

Hi..Can you just briefly tell me how you are doing 5..Ain't that confusing to keep track of? I have NEVER had a setup so easy, just clicked on the file and I was connected, no problems what so ever..We need Gordon to take over Microsoft....Cheers..Keithmj

Last edited:

NYRHKY94

Hi KeithMJ:

This is how I do the 5 feeds

1) 5 scanners
2) 5 separate sound cards (3 in one PC and 1 each in 2 other PC's)
3) 5 instances of Simplecast thru Gordon's site

NOTE: One of the feeds is located in another state and run entirely by remote access & remote control.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.