Mt Pleasant FD full time

Tribal FD Full time

and all Vol FD

Isabella SO and MSP Post 41
----------------------------------
Roscommon county FD/EMS

All FD in Roscommon county
----------------------------------

This feed is on dial up but i will try my best to keep it up 8-12 hrs a day.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I have added call wave so the feed can be up more during the day since i can see who is calling etc.

SCPD

QRT
I have added Crawford county to the feed for both police and fire.

I also have the US Coast Guard ch's in the scanner.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
You have 7 counties police, + fire, + coast guard freq's on one feed? Even for northern Michigan - isn't that a bit overkill?

rcvmo

That sounds good. Some stations are poor reception, so you might want to consider a higher antenna just for this Online Scanner. Is this all analog comms., or are there some digital transmissioins as well?
rcvmo

SCPD

QRT
I scan all analog the thing is Gladwin and Isabella counties have 800 portable radios with them so some traffic goes on the 800 system.

The other thing i have done is i only scan Isabella/Gladwin/Midland/Crawford Counties for both Police and Fire

All other Counties is just Fire along with EMS and it can be really slow this far north that's why i scan all of these counties just to keep the feed from being dead all the time.

Also with the issue of weak ch's that is a problem up here because other counties within 100 miles use some of the same freq's ch's I have an antenna about 35 ft off the ground.

There are only 2 Full time FD's that i scan and there in Isabella county Mt Pleasant which is Public Safety and Tribal Fire all the rest of the FD's are paid on call or Vol.

Like Clare county uses 154.265 as the primary Fire ch so does Kalkaska county so you might hear them sometimes real good when i was on Harrison Fire we always had to hear that skip from Kalkaska county.

Also Roscommon county uses 154.445 so does Mecosta county so even tho i am trying just to cover Roscommon i am also getting Mecosta county etc.

The reason for the USCG is anytime someone goes missing up here the USCG out of Traverse City launches the helio to assist in the search.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
The Clare county feed will be down for 1 week starting on Sunday June 21st 2009 this is due to my feed computer getting repaired.

Status
Not open for further replies.