Online Feed Broadcast/Remote Monitoring Broadcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

I have a question, I have an online feed currently that I stream online using my line in jack on my sound card, However, Another radio that I use for stuff other than that also runs to record certain stuff on win 500 which is also the one I use to remote broadacst on another PC from win500, I need to know if I can take two audio cables, One into the line in jack and one into the mic jack and use one for online broadcasting on one radio and one for other stuff on the other radio?
I tried to hook it up that way but my mic and line jacks both detected audio from the same cable hooked into either jack. Is there a way to do this? Can anyone tell me the best way to set this up with two different radio's and two different channels I guess you could say?
Anyone?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I have a question, I have an online feed currently that I stream online using my line in jack on my sound card, However, Another radio that I use for stuff other than that also runs to record certain stuff on win 500 which is also the one I use to remote broadacst on another PC from win500, I need to know if I can take two audio cables, One into the line in jack and one into the mic jack and use one for online broadcasting on one radio and one for other stuff on the other radio?
I tried to hook it up that way but my mic and line jacks both detected audio from the same cable hooked into either jack. Is there a way to do this? Can anyone tell me the best way to set this up with two different radio's and two different channels I guess you could say?
Anyone?

I used to have an old SoundBlaster PCI sound card which had independent Mic / Line-In ports and you could do what you want. However, it seems that with most on-board audio and USB audio (SB 24-bit) you use either input but can't use both simultaneously as independent inputs.

So it all depends on the type of device you have.

Some guys use a stereo cable and feed one audio feed over the left channel and one over the right and then stream a stereo feed. But in that case you'd have one actual feed for people to listen to and they would be responsible for using a player (such as Winamp) that allows them to choose which feed they want to listen to (by listening to only the left channel or the right channel).

If you want to spend money on a sound card and you have a desktop computer, you might look around for a PCI audio card that supports simultaneous diverse inputs on both Mic and Line-In.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.