oddcast Audio Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laxplurr06

I recently noticed that oddcast occasionally would feed audio that wasn't coming from the scanner but was the audio in my room. For example i noticed the feed was broadcasting the music i was listening to out of my speakers. I have found that choosing the line in from the drop down menu fixes the problem and audio is restored. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know a solution?

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
I recently noticed that oddcast occasionally would feed audio that wasn't coming from the scanner but was the audio in my room. For example i noticed the feed was broadcasting the music i was listening to out of my speakers. I have found that choosing the line in from the drop down menu fixes the problem and audio is restored. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know a solution?

I had this happen to me also a few times. Not sure what caused it but re-selecting line in fixed the problem.

Astrak

Open volume control-click options-properties-select recording button-make sure all boxes are checked then click ok-turn down or mute everything except for what you are using as your input for the scanner then click ok and you should be good to go. You were probably picking up your music on another recording device on your computer.

Laxplurr06

I tried that and it seems that oddcast still feeds through the line in. The meter shows about -15dB coming through the the line in jack on my computer which is connected to my scanner. When i re-select the line in again the audio level returns to about -45dB until the scanner receives something. Thanks for all the help!

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I just had this happen to me. I went to record something on AudaCity and switched that program to the Microphone, unknown to me the OddCastV3 also changed from "Recording Line-In" to "Recording Microphone" even though the chosen device was still Line-In on OddCastV3.

Thankfully something embarrassing did not happen, my friend called to tell me he could hear my on the phone.

Is this a bug in the software? If I wanted to use my microphone to IM Chat or something like that am I going to have to go off line?

I know I can test this, but figured I'd ask the community before going off-line again.

Thanks.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
After starting my feed up this morning after a Microshaft reboot I had my system reset to Record from Line-In and then found that it was recording from the Microphone even though I set it to Line-In.

This is getting a bit scary.....almost to the point to either unplug the microphone or stop feeding....probably unplug the mic first, but anyone else have this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.