Palm Pre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrak

Can you navigate to the mobile version of the website and click on the feed you want to listen to?

ONA73

Yes i clicked windows media player and they just kept opening up blank windows. Web player loads a new page but nothing happens.

Bobba

Streaming to Palm Pre

I would love to stream police/fire/air to my new Palm Pre as I do on my desktop. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I tried the Mobile version of Radio Reference and I get an error every time. Unfortunately, there are no third party applications to do this yet. Any help would really be appreciated. I did see where another Member here was attempting to do the same on his Palm Pre. Any success?
Thanks
Bob

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Currently the Pre only plays mp3 streams. So until RR streams in mp3 or someone develops a player that will play RR streams you can't listen using a Pre.

Mike

Astrak

As far as I know RR streams in mp3 format. .m3u is a file extension that might not be supported by all phones.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
The Pre plays the archive streams without a problem. It will not play the live streams (in any format) from the mobile site or the regular site.

I believe if RR added an mp3 stream option (not m3u) that the Pre would play these fine. I'd be glad to help them test. :)

Mike

bcusack001

Palm Pre lastest version of OS, WEBOS 1.4, still not playing any RadioReference Audio streams. I tried all available player selections offered by RR on Palm Pre with Webos 1.4, that is, Windows Media Player, Real Player, iTunes, Winamp, Web Player, Java Web Player. Are you listening Palm?

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Apparenlty something got broke, streaming was working in 1.3. The archives still play fine.

Mike

Last edited:

Cozzman

Palm Pre was working great now doesn't

Me and one other firefighter had no issues for almost 6 months, getting feeds from our Palm Pre's. in the last few months it stopped working. The media player comes up and tries to connect for 30 seconds or so and eventually times out. The archives do work so I'm thinking it's not a format/codec issue but that the negotiation takes longer then the player will allow and times out. Other smartphones in the station have similar issues. I think iPhones are the only ones that can connect because they don't timeout as quickly.

Any reason this would be slower to connect then before? Any changes to RadioReference that would have broke this integration? Streaming our scanners to this service has become rather pointless now.

Status
Not open for further replies.