Best Scanner for Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf4sek

I was using a GRE PSR-300 but the stream audio stunk. I then switched to my RS PRO-106 which was not bad. I am wondering what everyone else use for their feed(s)?

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
I was using a GRE PSR-300 but the stream audio stunk. I then switched to my RS PRO-106 which was not bad. I am wondering what everyone else use for their feed(s)?

I'm using a Uniden BC92XLT Handheld. Works great for me! :D

lbpd719

780xlt, soon to be following with 895xlt and pro 2006.

I have learned that the quality of your audio is proportional to the quality and routing of cables.. a couple of chokes on noisy wires work wonders

smokediver61

Feed Provider
I am using the Radio Shack PRO-160 because it has CTCSS so I don't get any skip, only the transmissions that I want. I just bought it on closeout at a nearby sore for $99.97.
They are getting hard to find.
It is using an antenna at 40 feet and all being pushed through a Dell Thin Client.
Hope that helps
Obion County, Tennessee (TN) Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com

adafire38

I'm using a RS Pro-83.

I like the Pro-83 for the simple reason of the 10 priority channels. I have each of my channels that I'm pushing programmed into the priority channels in the order that I want to hear them. ( Dispatch first, our F2 next, followed by the surrounding areas F2.)

Works well for me.

richtidd

Database Admin

I use Uniden scanners because they have a line output vs just unsing the headphone output or speaker out that.

Line out is a MUCH better way to get audio from the scanner to the computer or Instreamer.

Headphone or speaker out has audio amp noise that line out does not have.

Also I find the Uniden's easier to work with & very good on RX.

Status
Not open for further replies.