Scanrec problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

autovon

Ø
I've been using scanrec for years to record audio and just started to have problems. I have to use VLC media player to feed the audio to the computer so I can hear it. Once I do that, when I try to make a new file on scanrec, it says "The specified device is already in use". If I press stop on the VLC media player, I can make a new file to record with scanrec. I did not use to have this problem. Just started recently.
Any ideas?

autovon

Ø
Any ideas. I use VLC to hear the audio on the computer's speakers. Is there a way to hear the audio by feeding through the line in without using VLC? I think using the two programs at the same time is the issue. Not sure why it is just now not working.

k9rzz

Are you using XP? I believe that XP has the input audio muted by default and that can be changed through the registration edit feature. I had to do that with this laptop. I could not hear the audio I was recording until it was after it was recorded, but now I can. If this is it I can help you track down that fix.

autovon

Ø
Are you using XP? I believe that XP has the input audio muted by default and that can be changed through the registration edit feature. I had to do that with this laptop. I could not hear the audio I was recording until it was after it was recorded, but now I can. If this is it I can help you track down that fix.

Using Vista. Started to have this problem after a windows update so I suspect it has something to do with programming. Maybe it's the same as XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.