Trying to paste URL into Reciva so that I can hear audio stream on Internet radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am unable to get a permanent URL for the audio stream for "Phoenix East Valley Law Enforcement." The process I used to use doesn't appear to work anymore. I want to get the permanent URL so that I can paste it into my account on Reciva and then listen to the stream on my Internet radio. I used to right-click on the speaker icon, then choose "Save target" to my Desktop, and then I'd open the link with Notepad and get the URL that way. I have IE8. Can anyone help? If the process has changed, I would be very grateful if you would give me step-by-step instructions. Thank you very much.

Another Live Audio Administrator at RadioReference insisted to me some months ago that it IS possible to paste a permanent URL address into my Reciva account. He said he has many Internet radios and does it all the time. He wasn't very detailed in his instructions on how to find the permanent URL, but I got help from a poster at a Reciva forum. I have since successfully added several audio streams using the Reciva poster's instructions, but lately it is not working any more. I will just go back to that person at Reciva. But if RadioReference is truly no longer allowing its members to find the permanent URL for purposes of listening on an Internet radio, then I say that is really a shame. Thank you.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Another Live Audio Administrator at RadioReference insisted to me some months ago that it IS possible to paste a permanent URL address into my Reciva account. He said he has many Internet radios and does it all the time. He wasn't very detailed in his instructions on how to find the permanent URL, but I got help from a poster at a Reciva forum. I have since successfully added several audio streams using the Reciva poster's instructions, but lately it is not working any more. I will just go back to that person at Reciva. But if RadioReference is truly no longer allowing its members to find the permanent URL for purposes of listening on an Internet radio, then I say that is really a shame. Thank you.

Let me check on this for you and get back just to be sure.

Last edited:

jobes

Feed Provider
I was thinking of getting one (hardware based anyway) myself but if it's not possible I suppose not:mad:

Last edited:
Hi, Jobes. I really hope that it is still possible to get the permanent URL needed for an Internet radio. ScanAmerica had a great easy link specifically for Internet radios. But I would highly recommend an Internet radio for all the other interesting things you can hear on one. I got mine from C.Crane and am very pleased. I can listen to radio stations on islands in the Caribbean or "Old Time Radio" or nature sounds or sports talk radio in other cities or anything you can hear while sitting in front of your computer. But it's so nice to be able to listen while sitting in your favorite chair or from a bedside table. The prices have really come down and you don't have to pay a monthly fee like you do for XM. (No, I'm not a sales person.) Thanks again for your post.

Jobes, I forgot one important thing. You CAN listen to scanner audio on Reciva (and therefore on an Internet radio) without going through RadioReference. The only problem is it's limited to only a few cities. But go to www.reciva.com and try some cities or counties or just the word "scanner" or "fire." Good luck.

jobes

Feed Provider
Thanks Radiofan maybe it didn't blow my Christmas gift then:)

Jobes, I am an idiot!! I was forgetting to first select the correct media player, so yes, you CAN get the permanent URLs from RadioReference. Fortunately the same patient poster at Reciva jogged my memory. 'Sorry about that. You will love your Internet radio.

Hi, Kendrik578. I hope you saw my last post. I was not selecting the correct media player first and that's why it wouldn't allow me to take the other steps. I apologize. All is well. Thanks again.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Hi, Kendrik578. I hope you saw my last post. I was not selecting the correct media player first and that's why it wouldn't allow me to take the other steps. I apologize. All is well. Thanks again.

Hey, no problem. If you were able to get it to work, Great.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.