Scanner Cast - NO SOUND - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishinspot

I recieved the email about upgrading my feed to scanner cast. Did exactly what it said to do, logged in on scannercast, it picked up my settings and it appears to be running but I can hear no feed at all. I checked all my wires and the feed is working but I try to listen to it on my feed through on here and I dont hear anything. Any suggestions please???

Thanks,

Doug

w5nra

ScannerCast error or IceCast error

I recieved the email about upgrading my feed to scanner cast. Did exactly what it said to do, logged in on scannercast, it picked up my settings and it appears to be running but I can hear no feed at all. I checked all my wires and the feed is working but I try to listen to it on my feed through on here and I dont hear anything. Any suggestions please???

Thanks,

Doug

I got that too and mine is giving an error saying that it is not connecting to the IceCast server. ScannerCast seems to have 2 different versions of the software with the same version numbers. I tried both versions and they can't connect to the Icecast Server
I have attached the error that I am getting.

Attachments

• ScannerCast Error.jpg
    ScannerCast Error.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 127

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I got that too and mine is giving an error saying that it is not connecting to the IceCast server. ScannerCast seems to have 2 different versions of the software with the same version numbers. I tried both versions and they can't connect to the Icecast Server
I have attached the error that I am getting.

The reason for that is your feed had been down for 2 weeks straight so the system set it to "inactive". Submit a feed change asking us to have your feed set back to active and it should be fine.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Did you make sure you chose the soundcard on scannercast? Also are u using line in or mic? Make sure that what ever your using that you have chose the right sound recording in the computers sound devices.

Taking a listen to it im not hearing anything.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
w5nra,

Took care of the description change, however you didn't request your feed back to active:) but i took care of that also.

fishinspot

Did you make sure you chose the soundcard on scannercast? Also are u using line in or mic? Make sure that what ever your using that you have chose the right sound recording in the computers sound devices.

Taking a listen to it im not hearing anything.

Kendrik,

There are only three choices, 1 is my microphone, 1 is my web camera, and the other is SigmaTel Audio (2). I chose the last one.

I do not see the line in or mic settings in scanner cast like we had before in oddcast.

????

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Kendrik,

There are only three choices, 1 is my microphone, 1 is my web camera, and the other is SigmaTel Audio (2). I chose the last one.

I do not see the line in or mic settings in scanner cast like we had before in oddcast.

????

Im going to email you. Check your email.

fishinspot

under the status page it says:

Scanner connection: (audio only selected- no tgs or communication with scanner)
RR connection: SENDING OK to server 'audio3.radioreference.com'mount point '/393902390'

Is this what it is supposed to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.