Best Scanning App

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
Maybe this has already been asked, but since there doesn't seem to be one group of info I'll go ahead and ask. I picked up a 32gb Ipod Touch the other day and I'm looking into the scanning apps available, but I would like to get some opinions one which one or which are the best, because I don't really want to spend my money on crap. And this might be helpful to anyone else looking into the same thing.

Thanks

Kingscup

Feed Provider
Did you try a search on the subject? That will narrow down the specific threads for your question.

SCPD

QRT
Maybe this has already been asked, but since there doesn't seem to be one group of info I'll go ahead and ask. I picked up a 32gb Ipod Touch the other day and I'm looking into the scanning apps available, but I would like to get some opinions one which one or which are the best, because I don't really want to spend my money on crap. And this might be helpful to anyone else looking into the same thing.

Thanks

The best scanner for you is what works with your scanner (which you didn't mention), your budget, and what you feel comfortable with. Most all scanning software has similar features, but vary from radio to radio.

I could recommend ARC300, but since you didn't tell us what scanner you are using, I don't know for sure if it would work with your scanner.

There is no one magic catch-all software solution. What some like and use, you may find cumbersome and hate it. Research, read, and make an informed decision. Nobody here will purposely lead you astray, but you really need to give us more information, so we can assist.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
The best scanner for you is what works with your scanner (which you didn't mention), your budget, and what you feel comfortable with. Most all scanning software has similar features, but vary from radio to radio.

Uh, are you in the right thread? :)

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
Uh, are you in the right thread? :)

Ya I'm wondering that myself. I'm not in need of scanner software in fact I have quite a few of them and my scanners are listed in my signature if you would like to know. I'm asking about the many many apps available for the Iphone and IPod touch. Sorry for any confusion there might have been.

brian209

Feed Provider
Nextel

Anyone know of a streaming scanner app that would work on a Nextel phone? Specifically the i580 or the newer i680.

I have been unsuccessful in searching.

jobes

Feed Provider
Sure get an iPhone:)

I hear ya I'd like it too hence the reason I carry both

Anyone know of a streaming scanner app that would work on a Nextel phone? Specifically the i580 or the newer i680.

I have been unsuccessful in searching.

dropspam

Thanks

Don't need to buy an app. 5-0 Radio is free this week. Just look in top 10 free apps section. Or if you have a buck, get the 5-0 Radio Pro version so you can listen to music as well. That's something the other scanner apps don't have.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
That's because you don't need an app to stream music - you just go to the website in Safari.

Status
Not open for further replies.