Please Help!! Trying to make new feed- Tried Everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

baycop925

Hello. I have a radio shack scanner and have a compaq newer computer. I tried to make a new feed the last couple of days and I cant get it to work. I downloaded the software, plugged one end of the cable into the headphone jack of my scanner and the other end into the back of my computer into the microphone jack. I have been trying all day and the other thing I was able to get is when I logged on from other computer to see if it worked, the audio was barely audible. If i put my head up to the speaker, I could hear it. So when that didnt work, I tried to do the same thing on my laptop computer. I downloaded the software and this time I took my help hand scanner, plugged it into the headphone jack and into my microphone jack on my laptop. Tried everything and could not get it to work. What is going on?? When I downloaded the software, the only thing I am confused on is there are several different options for the soundcard. Do I need a different soundcard or is the factory one ok?? Any help would be appreciated. I even went to radioshack and bought different cables..the ones that were listed on this website to buy. But I am still confused. I have one scaner and am just trying to do a mono connection....

whitesox4life

Wirelessly posted (LGE-VX9100/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

try using your line in on the sound card. The factory card is fine. Check in volume control for the volume level the computer has that jack set to. I set my scanners to 1/3 volume and adjust on computer to set. If further adjustments are needed down the road, i use volume on scanner. Hope that helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.