ScannerCast feeds keep going down

Status
Not open for further replies.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I just recently switched my feeds from a XP machine to Windows 7. After the computer has been inactive for a few hours, I get these errors(see below). I then have to pull my USB Wireless Network card, re-insert and the feeds will resume. I am totally new to this Windows 7, where should I look for change some settings so this doesn't keep happening? I'm almost certain its on my end, not the ScannerCast program.

Tim K.

08-Jun-2010 02:13:50 Write to Icecast server failed Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
08-Jun-2010 02:13:50 Disconnect details follow (for debugging if necessary

Message: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
Source: System
TargetSite: Void Write(Byte[], Int32, Int32)
StackTrace: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at ScannerCast.ScannerCast.PushClientThread()

--Message: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
TargetSite: Int32 Send(Byte[], Int32, Int32, System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags)
StackTrace: at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
Socket error: 10054

08-Jun-2010 02:13:50 Write to Icecast server failed Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
08-Jun-2010 02:13:50 Disconnect details follow (for debugging if necessary

Message: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
StackTrace: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

StackTrace: at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

08-Jun-2010 02:14:01 Write to Icecast server failed Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
08-Jun-2010 02:14:01 Disconnect details follow (for debugging if necessary

W4ELL

Feed Provider
I would check your power options in the control panel. My guess is that Windows 7 is shutting down the wireless card because of an energy save setting that is enabled by default.

I would also check your USB network adapter in the device manager. If you look at the Power Management tab in the Properties of said network adapter, you can uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" checkbox.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I would check your power options in the control panel. My guess is that Windows 7 is shutting down the wireless card because of an energy save setting that is enabled by default.

I would also check your USB network adapter in the device manager. If you look at the Power Management tab in the Properties of said network adapter, you can uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" checkbox.

I found under the device manager it was allowing it to turn the wireless card off to save energy. I un-checked it, we will see what happends.

Thanks!

Tim

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
I am having the same problem. Where do i look in device manager to change the settings? thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.