Live streaming should always be free!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhscannerman

I would like to deeply express a major concern on this Live Streaming issue.

First of all I understand that it will cost some money but what about those who would like to broadcast but can NOT come up with the loot to do so? I was a broadcaster for IBN in which it was free but IBN was shut down for good because of the lack of donations. I myself would like to assure you all that I am not really barking on this issue but as far as that goes there are some who have low income and can not afford like $5.00, $20.00 or more. Plus some of us does NOT have a credit card. I also stand by the law of the free information act of 1970 in which allows us to enjoy the information.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Huh???

I would like to deeply express a major concern on this Live Streaming issue.

First of all I understand that it will cost some money but what about those who would like to broadcast but can NOT come up with the loot to do so? I was a broadcaster for IBN in which it was free but IBN was shut down for good because of the lack of donations. I myself would like to assure you all that I am not really barking on this issue but as far as that goes there are some who have low income and can not afford like $5.00, $20.00 or more. Plus some of us does NOT have a credit card. I also stand by the law of the free information act of 1970 in which allows us to enjoy the information.

What is he talking about?

brandon

Database Admin
Live streaming is free. In fact, RadioReference is very generous and offers free premium memberships for those that keep their feeds up. I think that's a pretty sweet deal in my opinion.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
Streaming is always 'free', other than paying for your internet connection.

Now, being allowed to use a specific streaming aggregator, to be 'on' the 'hip' site, that's another question. No one has a 'right' to be linked through radioreference, or any other specific site.

Anyone can aquire software to stream, though of course most fail to realize that doing so is usually a violation of their user aggreement with their ISP, since it's typical for a home ISP account to include a user aggreement that prohibits running a 'server'. This usually doesn't matter unless you show up as an 'overuser' of bandwidth, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.