BBScanner and Blackberry Torch 9800

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Hello,

Yesterday I upgraded my recently purchased Blackberry Bold 9700 to the new Blackberry Torch 9800.

I'm noticing that BBScanner does not function on the Torch. It installs fine, and runs, but when a feed is accessed it starts to buffer and then a message appears that states "Error, Stopping". The feed then indicates that it will retry in a certain amount of seconds, and the error repeats.

This is occurring both via the AT&T network and on two separate wireless LAN's.

The Torch runs the new Blackberry 6 OS. I'm not a programmer but I'd guess this is the likely culprit, as it worked dandy on the Bold.

Anyone else having this issue?

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Gordon released a tweak yesterday.

To fix, go into Settings in the app, then select Player Settings, scroll down to the Experimental section, and change "Use experimental streaming method?" to Yes and then select Save from the menu.

cfr301

I added BB Scanner to My New Bold today WOW works great!!! Easy to load setup and at the PRICE YOU can't BEAT it!!! I'd like to thank Hoser in St Marys and mulrich in Lima for their feeds...they are perfect sounding on my new BOLD. Of Course Lindsay and Crew for host RR to begin with!

Rick

EdmFireman

Hey thanks for the fix! I was wondering what was going on, because it installed fine, but wouldn't play anything. Thanks again! Love my BBScanner! :) h

Status
Not open for further replies.