K1PGV`s Scanner Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

hulio

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I have already switched to the K1PGV`s Scanner Cast RR Edition V0.13(1224). I just recently set my uniden 396T. I was usuing a Radio Shack Pro-2051. From the set up page of the Scanner Cast I will also be able to to display Tags and Groups and Channel info,,,,,,, HELP PLEASE... I do have the scanner hooked up and runnung with Butel ARC 996T Software.External speaker wire is pluged into the sound card. Every thing seems to be working but I am not able to see Tags, Channels, And Groups???
What am I doing wrong or have I just dont have a clue as what to do.........
.Thanks for any and all help,,HULIO

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Do you have the serial cable connected? You will need that connected for the computer and software to read the tags.

Mike

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Hello, I have already switched to the K1PGV`s Scanner Cast RR Edition V0.13(1224).

That's an old version. The current version is V0.14 (10307) and has a number of bug fixes. Start by downloading that version first.

http://s.radioreference.com/sc_rr_v014.zip

I do have the scanner hooked up and runnung with Butel ARC 996T Software.

ARC996 has nothing to do with ScannerCast streaming tags. In fact, no other program can be accessing the scanner at the same time ScannerCast tries to, otherwise it won't work. Make sure ARC996 is not running.

External speaker wire is pluged into the sound card. Every thing seems to be working but I am not able to see Tags, Channels, And Groups???

The audio cable is only half of it, you also need the serial cable connected so ScannerCast can grab the tags.

There is more information on this page:

ScannerCast Configuration and Usage Guide

hulio

Premium Subscriber
I will try and down load the newer version,,, it seems to be reading the tags on the software. I am unable to see the tags when I open up the RR..... serial cable is hooked up

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The RR web players do not display tags, neither does Windows Media Player. You need to listen with WinAmp or iTunes to see the tags.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I won't mention the name of your feed since you have it set to anonymous, but I think I figured out which feed is yours, and the tags are displaying correctly in WinAmp. Stereo feed, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.