Help sending feeds with Windows 98 computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin2595

Hello,
I am wanting to send 2 feeds to RadioReference using a Quantex TS301 laptop with Windows 98 SE on it. I tried using ScannerCast to send the feeds but then only got errors. So now I am tring to install Edcast. I am wondering if this can send alpha tags? If not, what program would work with Windows 98 and still send tags? The laptop has one USB port that I would use for the tags. Please let me know what you think I should do.

Thanks,
Justin

N2JDS

Jim, I dont exactly understand your answer to his question there. Sounds more like a rant than an answer

Justin, will you be doing a stereo feed to get both feeds sent, or another sound card. I don't have the answer yet, but I too am working on same problem with a WYSE unit..

Justin2595

I was planning on doing it with the same sound card. It has a Mic In and a Line In. I was going to supply the 2 current feeds that I have to RR by the same computer. One with the Mic in and one with the Line in.

PeterGV

K1PGV
Hmmmm.... ScannerCast should run on Win98. I'm not saying I'd guarantee it... But it should work once you get the right install package for .net onto your machine.

Peter
K1PGV

Status
Not open for further replies.