Winamp Audio equalizer ??? Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfd24norf

Hello, I have very basic computer knowledge, and listen to many of the radioreference feeds using Winamp and was wondering if winamp has some sort of volume stablizer. Often times the dispatcher will be very faint and the units talking will almost be so loud it sounds like they are screaming. On some televisions they have something that keeps the volume constant so when people yell etc it still stays about the same. My question is if there is anyway to make Winamp do this. Someone suggested a plug in for winamp but I have no earthly idea what that is or what it means. I may also be contacted by email if thats easier nfd24norf@hotmail.com Thanks so much in advance for any help anyone can offer.

richtidd

Database Admin
Hello, I have very basic computer knowledge, and listen to many of the radioreference feeds using Winamp and was wondering if winamp has some sort of volume stablizer. Often times the dispatcher will be very faint and the units talking will almost be so loud it sounds like they are screaming. On some televisions they have something that keeps the volume constant so when people yell etc it still stays about the same. My question is if there is anyway to make Winamp do this. Someone suggested a plug in for winamp but I have no earthly idea what that is or what it means. I may also be contacted by email if thats easier nfd24norf@hotmail.com Thanks so much in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Not sure if this will do, but I think Winamp has what you want - Replay Gain.

Go to Preference, then to play back.
Click on the Replay Gain tab.
Try the settings there & see if this does what you want.

Edit: There is a normalize setting.

I also use Winamp but have not tried this feature.

I will try it my self.

Last edited:

nfd24norf

Thanks so much

thanks very much I appreciate it I am kind of surprised i could not find more info about my request, especially when listening to these new systems it seems like the dispatchers are whispering and the units of the streets are screaming thanks again and I will keep you posted

Last edited:

KAM101

Normalize is probably the way to go
I have the same problem except the opposite, the dispatch is loud but the mobiles have very low audio, I'm using Scannercast, would be cool if it had Normalize feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.