RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording - Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 3:51 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Default Multiple Feed Configuration

I need some help here folks. I have two feeds (currently) on one computer. I am having a difficult time understanding the instructions for multiple feeds (below). Can anyone help me out?

How can I run multiple copies of ScannerCast on one machine, to allow me to support multiple feeds?
It's easy. From ScannerCast's author K1PGV's Web Site:
ScannerCast takes an optional command-line parameter that's interpreted as a configuration file name.
This means that if you start ScannerCast with the following command (Where do I put this? Where do I create the file? I do know how to create the file. So I make one for each feed?):
ScannerCast config1.ini
ScannerCast will:
1. Read parameters from the configuration file "config1.ini" when it starts (if this file exists -- If it doesn't exist, ScannerCast uses its default parameters).
2. Save any changes that you make to the configuration in the file named "foo.ini"
By the way, ScannerCast saves configuration information after it successfully starts broadcasting (after you click the "Start Broadcast" button).
Sponsored links
Old 10-17-2010, 9:42 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelc22 View Post
ScannerCast takes an optional command-line parameter that's interpreted as a configuration file name.
This means that if you start ScannerCast with the following command (Where do I put this?
Put the .ini file name, what you would like to call it, example “scanner1.ini” in the command line as pictured. When you start ScannerCast with this line in there it will create the .ini (configuration file). Put the added file name in the command line of a shortcut icon.

Quote:
Where do I create the file? I do know how to create the file. So I make one for each feed?):
You don’t, when ScannerCast actually makes the connection, it creates the .ini file. You can watch this by leaving your folder open, deleting the scannercast.ini file, when you put in all new settings and connect, it creates a new one. Same thing happens when you use a new .ini name such as scanner1.ini, that you made in the command line.

Quote:
2. Save any changes that you make to the configuration in the file named "foo.ini"
I never saved any changes because it’s so easy to re-enter everything. Not sure what that is all about.

Hope this helps.

MaineBoxAlarm on Twitter

Last edited by Adenosine; 10-17-2010 at 9:44 AM..
Old 10-17-2010, 1:31 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Perfect! Worked like a charm! Thank you!
Old 07-01-2015, 1:36 PM

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I'm having some trouble also. Is there any way you can put the pictures back up Adenosine? It looks like the links to the pics are broken.
Old 07-01-2015, 1:51 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Here's one example of multiple feeds.

I have ScannerCast in a separate folder for each feed and created a short cut for each feed to a folder.
Note that the 'Sound Input' is different for each feed. I have multiple sound cards/USB dongles for each.

You must set up 'Port Forwarding' for each port and open your firewall for each port.

If you click on the image to get the hi-resolution image, you can see the settings for each.
The fourth instance of WinAMP is my public feed on Broadcastify and that's on another computer.

Rich

Edit: The FreeSCAN server is accessed by nick0909's Android APP 'RemoteFS' so I can control the feed from anywhere.

Multiple scanner feeds:

Last edited by rbm; 07-01-2015 at 1:58 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 07-01-2015, 2:29 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

By the way, there's nothing complicated about the shortcut to run ScannerCast.

It will remember (in the ScannerCast.ini file) what you selected on the Config panel.

Rich