listening on Win7 starter via Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I just got a netbook with Win 7 Starter - I am using Chrome for the browser. I can't seem to play anything; When I click on the speaker, I get a .download file that, of course, isn't known to a player (I have my associations set up for Windows Media Player and VLC)

This works under IE8 so I'm missing something with Chrome - but what?

73 and TIA Mike

Last edited:

brandon

Database Admin
Right click on the feed icon and it should let you save the .m3u file. Save to desktop or download folder. Then go into the folder and right click m3u file and choose Open with... Pick VLC or Windows Media Player and it will force Windows to use that as the primary for m3u playlists. Good luck.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Doesn't work. I right click on the speaker icon, I get a .download type of file, not .m3u

Thanks anyway...Mike

R1VINCE

Not that it helps any, but im using chrome on 7 Ultimate and have no problems playing any content in our live audio(i assume thats where you are having trouble). I topens up like any other web browser that i use.(IE8, Chrome, Safari, Firefox-desktopPC)

My wifes netbook(acer) is 7Home Prem. and is running chrome as well with no problems in Live audio.

I tried thumbing through some settings, but cant find anything significant.

Ill keep looking....

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Hmm...if I click on the ones that have a 'county web player', it works - if it doesn't have one, it doesn't.

Wierd...73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.