RR move to ham feed only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanfan22

Is Radio Reference planning on changing to host only ham radio audio feeds and not public safety feeds etc in the future? If this is the case why? What will happen to the existing LE PS feeds?

brandon

Database Admin
I highly doubt that. Where did you read this? If something were to happen, it would probably be other way around since Public Safety feeds are a lot more popular than ham. The one exception being the x-rated W6NUT 147.435 repeater that's usually in the top 10.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Is Radio Reference planning on changing to host only ham radio audio feeds and not public safety feeds etc in the future? If this is the case why? What will happen to the existing LE PS feeds?

Hey there, i really dought this would ever happen. There would need to be a REALLY BIG reason, like an agency really having a big cow over the feeds before they`d take down the PD/fire and other feeds, so i don`t really see a need to worry about it :). N9NRA P.S. Nice to see another ham on here, i`ll pm you in a short.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin

Im very interested where you got this from or what even made you think this.

Last edited:

mdulrich

Feed Provider

Did I fall asleep until April 1? :lol:

Mike

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if that is the same jerk who made some really nasty comments about RR to me in emails and runs a TS service in the LA area not to mention sadly for a place he runs down so much he gets a lot of referrals from here.

Sure sounds like it to me. I know one of the things he was going on about was that RR couldn't provide his level of Fire coverage in the LA area that he could amongst other things. Didn't like it when I told him I wanted LASO not LACoFD. :)

richtidd

Database Admin
I wonder if that is the same jerk who made some really nasty comments about RR to me in emails and runs a TS service in the LA area not to mention sadly for a place he runs down so much he gets a lot of referrals from here.

Sure sounds like it to me. I know one of the things he was going on about was that RR couldn't provide his level of Fire coverage in the LA area that he could amongst other things. Didn't like it when I told him I wanted LASO not LACoFD. :)

As far as I know, there is no plan to feed only Amateur Radio feeds.

What is the TS service you refer to?

Can you sent me those comments to the e-mail address in my signature?

K

kb0nly

If RR feeds were ever killed by legal or other means i would still have my feeds up and running to my website and provide a link to anyone that wanted to listen direct...

That said... I doubt RR would ever get shutdown, but anything is possible in these days of legal paranoia.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
Los Angeles Fire Department, as opposed to LA COUNTY Fire Department, is one of the agencies that WILL threaten legal action if they discover someone feeding them. It's their department policy.

So anyone feeding them is likely to receive a 'stop that or we prosecute' letter from them.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't know who is spreading these rumors - but we're not switching to Ham only. Really folks? Really? WTF?

I'm closing this thread. Go back to your regularly scheduled programming.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
the feeder of LAFD told me on facebook.
Was he perhaps the person that used to provide an LAFD feed?

He may be the person that threw a fit, decided to not provide audio for RadioReference any longer, and then changed his mind later after someone else volunteered to provide the audio that he used to provide. Since someone new volunteered to provide the audio he used to provide his feed would have been a duplicate and is no longer needed. He could be upset about the fact that RR no longer needed his audio.

-- Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.