Feeds That RR cannot carry

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
From my understanding RR cannot carry some Govt or Military feeds , I am looking for feeds for 11175 GHFS system , ( I know its called something different now) & Milair feeds from Michigan area , can anyone point to where I may find such feeds , Pm me if you do not want to post publicly

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
What you are looking for is referred to as Live Tunable Receivers here, and there are some sites (unfortunately none in Michigan) listed here...

Live Tunable Receivers - The RadioReference Wiki

You might have to dig a bit to find other feeders, but I have no doubt they're out there somewhere...there was an excellent demo by Tim Lemmon at the last Winterfest on this very topic.

Best Regards...Mike

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
I have tried tunable radios before , but what I had in mind was to find dedicated feeds , that I might be able to tune with the logitech squeezebox wi fi radio Squeezebox
I wonder if having the RX tunable online gets around legal issues of Mil feeds....

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
There is no "legal' issue with mil feeds, it's just an area RR doesn't want to mess with.

n0nhp

Most people that have a radio capable of receiving from 100KHz to 2GHz are not going to park it on a HF freq and let it sit there. Not enough interest. My online tuner is active with all sorts of different signals from the guy that parks it on 11175 to the MW dxers to the Railroad buffs to the WX sat watchers.
If this is what you are interested in, It wouldn't cost too much to purchase a SSB HF rx and set up your own Shoutcast or the like feed. That is how my scanner feed got started about 12 years ago. I wanted to be able to listen, so set up the means.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.