Having 60Hz hum/Buzzing Noise While Streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

twjr80

Feed Provider
Hey everyone,

I am trying to stream my scanner plus my ham radio online. I have a Behringer 10 channel mixer hooked to the computer. I have the scanner and ham radio hooked to the mixer. When I try to stream the audio, I have a buzzing sound. I have tried using different TRS patch cables and nothing seems to work. How can I get rid of this buzzing?

kilowa22

Must likely the audio connection is creating a short. Try a 1:1 audio transformer to isolate the board from the radios.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
You mention two radios being streamed. Is is the ham radio or the scanner which has the hum? If it is the scanner, what is the brand and model of the scanner you are using? How is the audio connected from the scanner to the computer (using headphone jack, EXT SP jack, line out jack, ?) (using internal sound card, USB sound card, line in, mic in, ?)???

Last edited:

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber
sinc eyou changed cables it sounds like a ground hum to me. try disconnecting any outside antennas and make sure all devices are plugged in the same AC outlet. put a rubber duck antenna on and tune to a local signal. if the hum goes away, you need to check your grounds, most likely the antenna shield at a different potential than the AC ground and it's creating a loop.

twjr80

Feed Provider
Thanks for all the replies. I found out that it was in fact a grounding issue. Replaced my old grounding wire and it stopped the hum.

Status
Not open for further replies.