Scannercast / .NET Framework error

Status
Not open for further replies.

dispatcher307

I've tried emailing K1PGV (Scannercast author) twice in the past three weeks but haven't gotten a reply, so I'm hoping someone else can help me.

Here was my original email:

I'm using your software in conjunction with Radio Reference and I've run into a problem I can't find a fix for. It's been running for about a week and a half with no problem. Then last night I ran into a weird problem. I couldn't connect using my BlackBerry program BBScanner. It said the scanner was offline. I went to the Radio Reference site and it came up fine and I was able to listen. I thought that was odd because I could get nearby scanners, just not my own. I was out of town so I figured I'd worry about it when I got home.

This morning I wake up and I had emails telling me my feed had gone down but later had come back up (there was no power or internet outage). I logged in remotely to my computer and the program was running. I decided to shut it down and restart figuring there might be an issue and that would resolve it. I went to restart the program and I got the attached error. I did some searching on your site, Radio Reference and Google but I couldn't find what the problem might be.

I was running .NET Framework 2.0. I did a repair on it and still got the same error. I also updated to 3.0 and I'm still getting the issue.

If I hit continue, the program will start but I am unable to select a "sound input" under the Audio section (the box is blank). If I try to start the broadcast anyway, I get another error message (see attched - ScannercastError1)

I also tried unloading the files again from the original ZIP download thinking something may have gotten corrupted but that didn't help either.

I've also attached a pic of the file folder showing everything seems to be there.

Do you have any idea what the problem is or how I might fix it?

Thanks.
Wes

Attachments

• ScannerCastError1.JPG
    ScannerCastError1.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,059
  • ScannerCastError2.jpg
    ScannerCastError2.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 546
  • ScannerCastError.JPG
    ScannerCastError.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 637

SCPD

QRT
In a nutshell, its saying it can't find code its dependent on. This usually is the response when you delete or move a dll. I would redownload Scannercast to see if it fixes the error and check that the files aren't being deleted or modified by a virus scanner.

SCPD

QRT
You'll have to wait for a more experienced reply then. I develop .NET programs and that is the only way I can think of that would create / fix that error.

dispatcher307

The app doesn't appear under add/remove programs and I didn't see an uninstall program so all I could do was delete all the files and install again. I'm guessing I'm not removing everything that way.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Looks like it can't find the sound device. You need to ensure that the sound subsystem is working properly before it can do anything with it.

If the problem does lie with the sound device then re-installing ScannerCast a million times won't fix it, because that's not what is broken.

Peter is a professional software developer and states that he has gotten much busier in recent months, so support of ScannerCast has taken a back seat. I still think it's a great program.

Best success to you.

PeterGV

K1PGV
Sorry folks... VERY busy lately: Work, travel for work, and family stuff (my dad's not real well) all piled up.

My most sincere apologies dispatcher307/Wes for not replying. I get well over 100 emails a day (not counting spam), and sometimes it's hard to keep up.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I might know the genesis of this problem... and if so, it could be a ScannerCast issue. To check, would you be so kind as to download and install the .Net Framework V3.5: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...fd-ae52-4e35-b531-508d977d32a6&displaylang=en

Report back your results here, please.

If this instantly fixes the problem, I'll explain what's going on for others. If not, I'll, ah, ahem, errr, figure out something else to suggest. I hope.

Sorry again for "going dark" for a bit. I'm still pretty busy, but I'll do my best to be a bit more responsive here.

Peter
K1PGV

PeterGV

K1PGV
Hmmmm.... looking more at that screenshot: WHERE exactly do you have the ScannerCast folder located? If it's not a top-level folder, that is, C:\ScannerCast\ please do try installing ScannerCast there.

Peter
K1PGV

V-17

I'm having a bit of trouble as well on a computer that i want to shift my live feed to. I'll try the 3.5 framework and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.