Low audio and Wall Power Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonL008

Premium Subscriber
I recently started up a feed for Gonzales County, Texas. I had alot of trouble at first with distortion but finally got that worked out. However, the audio on the feed is so low even with computer at max volume. If I turn my scanner up anymore it distorts the audio like crazy. The sound card on my computer has been set to max and the volume is still low on the feed. Even if I set the volume on the sound card to half and scanner to half it begins to distort it. The scanner volume can NOT be turned up any without it distorting the feed. How can the audio on the feed be turned up but without distorting it.

Also, whenever I plug the scanner into a wall outlet, it gives so much interference over the feed that you cant hear anyone talking. How can this problem be fixed.

Help with any of these problems would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,

Jon

The feed can be found here:

Gonzales County Public Safety Live Scanner Audio Feed

richtidd

Database Admin
I recently started up a feed for Gonzales County, Texas. I had alot of trouble at first with distortion but finally got that worked out. However, the audio on the feed is so low even with computer at max volume. If I turn my scanner up anymore it distorts the audio like crazy. The sound card on my computer has been set to max and the volume is still low on the feed. Even if I set the volume on the sound card to half and scanner to half it begins to distort it. The scanner volume can NOT be turned up any without it distorting the feed. How can the audio on the feed be turned up but without distorting it.

Also, whenever I plug the scanner into a wall outlet, it gives so much interference over the feed that you cant hear anyone talking. How can this problem be fixed.

Help with any of these problems would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,

Jon

The feed can be found here:

Gonzales County Public Safety Live Scanner Audio Feed

As I have advised, please see here:
How to Maintain a Good Feed
Setting up your Broadcasting Station

As this indicates, turn off Mic boost & or AGC.
That could be part of the problem.

As for the AC problem, there can be many issues:
Most wall wart type power supplies are cheep 1/2 wave rectified vs full wave rectifies. This also, can cause issues.

There could be a ground loop issue.

There could also be a wrong cable or other issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.