not communicating with scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

crosswired

I just got the live audio scannercast but i can't get the computer and scanner to communicate with each other. I put RR in the trusted sight,add RR tothe firewall allow and i still get the same message. What am i do ing wrong? Any ideas would be helpfull Thanks

PeterGV

K1PGV
OK... so you're trying to send tags, right? Is your scanner model supported for sending tags? Have you selected the correct serial port? Check all your connections.

Can you tell us the EXACT error message(s) you are seeing. Select detailed logging, start ScannerCast, and post the contents of ScannerCast.log.

Peter
K1PGV

crosswired

DLL files not found

I still have no communication with my scanner. I went into scannercast and doubleclicked on the DLL files and received a error message Revsvr32 Load library (***********) faied the specified module could not be found. Any body know how to fix this? I tried the scanner through audiocity and got sound.

Last edited:

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
The only communication between scanner and computer should be an audio cable from your scanner to your sound card.

Browsing through your previous posts it appears that you have a Radio Shack Pro-2055. If you're trying to get it to display tags on a feed, it wont do it.

I see that you have audio in Audacity, so I am assuming that you're having a problem installing scannercast. If you're having problems with regsvr32 loader, there is some issues with your computer that need worked out. That is the main utility for registering .dll's in windows.

Last edited:

PeterGV

K1PGV
You don't have to register any ScannerCast DLLs.

We can't help you if you don't answer the questions we ask...

Peter
K1PGV

Status
Not open for further replies.