Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam_elliott69

Iam Trying to figure out how to get some of the static out of the line. When i listen directly to the scanner it has very little , but when i hook it up to the feed its got quite a bit is there any way to fix this?

richtidd

Database Admin
Iam Trying to figure out how to get some of the static out of the line. When i listen directly to the scanner it has very little , but when i hook it up to the feed its got quite a bit is there any way to fix this?

The problem is your audio level is way to high causing sever distortion.

Lowering your audio level at the scanner, computer or both will improve the level and audio quality.

You want to avoid too low of a volume or the audio will not be high enough.

Best setting is the listener volume should be about 1/2 and your broadcast audio is full & bright but not distorted and that the listener can raise their volume more without distortion.

You can also input to a good NOAA Weather Chanel in the scanner for a sound check.

Listen to the feed with another computer and adjust the sound from the scanner & at the computer sound card so that is sounds good.

Not to high nor not to low.

You can contact me via e-mail for more help. If you do, please include your RR user name.

Status
Not open for further replies.