Android Streaming - Is there a way to auto-mute other apps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattDickinson

Premium Subscriber
I use Scanner Radio on my Droid (great app!). One issue I'd like to solve involves muting audio from other apps when the Scanner squelch is broken. It'd be a nice feature to add to this app, but even BETTER would be to find an app that acts as a traffic cop, so you could prioritize what apps can override each other to get exclusive (or mixed using various volumes) access to the speaker (internal, via Bluetooth, etc).

I've searched the Android Market with no luck and tried brief Google searches, so guessing nothing like that exists, yet. BUT, if it's out there, I knew you folks could point me to it! :)

Thanks!

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
I use Scanner Radio on my Droid (great app!). One issue I'd like to solve involves muting audio from other apps when the Scanner squelch is broken. It'd be a nice feature to add to this app, but even BETTER would be to find an app that acts as a traffic cop, so you could prioritize what apps can override each other to get exclusive (or mixed using various volumes) access to the speaker (internal, via Bluetooth, etc).
One problem with this idea is that the Scanner Radio app uses your phone's built-in player to stream the audio, it doesn't actually handle the audio itself. Due to this fact, it's not possible for the app to know when there is radio traffic.

Another problem is that all apps share the media volume setting, it's not possible to mute or lower the volume of other apps while not affecting the Scanner Radio app.

-- Gordon, Scanner Radio (for Android) developer

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; HTC-A9192/1.0 Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Is there any way or APP for Android to display the tag information? I also have police stream as well as other APPs and none seem to display tag info.

Status
Not open for further replies.