Streaming and audio levels question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jewie27

A few days ago I became an audio provider for RR for LAPD Wilshire Division. I'm running a Uniden Bearcat 396T with a Diamond J130 Discone antenna mounted on top of my roof. The audio comes is clear 90% of the time from the scanner but when I listen to the stream online, it's coming in "hot" or scratchy/distorted. It's almost like the volume is so loud in the stream that it's difficult to understand due to the distortion. I've tried to turn down my In-Line on my sound card to 90% instead of 100%, I've also turned down my output on my Radio Feed software to 90%. Is there anything else i can do to improve the sound quality of the stream on my end?

Last edited:

Scan-Denver

Keep lowering the volume on your encoder until the distortion goes away. If you're using a mic in jack, that is probably part of the problem.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I would turn up the sound card input and RadioFeed to 100% and adjust the volume at the scanner to about 10% below the point of saturation.

A few days ago I became an audio provider for RR for LAPD Wilshire Division. I'm running a Uniden Bearcat 396T with a Diamond J130 Discone antenna mounted on top of my roof. The audio comes is clear 90% of the time from the scanner but when I listen to the stream online, it's coming in "hot" or scratchy/distorted. It's almost like the volume is so loud in the stream that it's difficult to understand due to the distortion. I've tried to turn down my In-Line on my sound card to 90% instead of 100%, I've also turned down my output on my Radio Feed software to 90%. Is there anything else i can do to improve the sound quality of the stream on my end?

talkpair

Open your mixer (mine opens when double clicking speaker icon on tray)

Adjust either the MIC-IN or LINE-IN to the lowest possible setting.

Then use your radio's volume control to set the audio level

Status
Not open for further replies.