Adding feed to mobile scanner programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstarvish

I am searching like crazy trying to figure out how to add a feed to the great programs like Scanner Radio Pro. I have an old stream setup that has been going strong for over 5 years, with a recent upgrade to a BCT15. This old setup uses icecast/simplecast. I am willing to move to whatever platform I need, and am probably going to submit it to the RR feed section also.

My new request from listeners in our area is to get the stream into the mobile application programs, but I cant seem to find any help on how to go about this. The Scanner Radio app doesnt seem to have a website (only Twitter) I almost think they are feeding off the Radio Reference feeds.

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, just spending the night at the firehouse trying to get some work done, might be a little tired. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

dstarvish

so where did you email your feed too?

An what setup are you guys using? What do you reccomend? I want to make it easy for end users to stream it still also....right now they can just click a link and it opens in windows media player....

Depending on which app you are wanting your feed listed in, just go to their website and drop them an email. Most apps are very open to adding your feed and will do so pretty fast.

For our feed we use a hosting company called ShoutcastStreaming. Plans start at around $2 a month for 10 listener slots and goes up from there. You can select either a Shoutcast or an Icecast server. Listeners can access the feed using Windows Media Player, Real Player, QuickTime Player and Winamp. There is also a web proxy available for listeners to try to get around firewall issues. Our feed is listed in the major apps for the iPhone, Android and BlackBerry mobile devices as well as in the iTunes Radio directory.

It will take you a bit of work to get your feed listed in all of the apps, but if you plan on being around a while it's the best way to get your feed noticed. You may also want to put up a website for your feed and get listed with the major search engines as well.

vinzep491

Just beome a radio referene lie feed provider...

it is automatically uploaded into the app's...

Status
Not open for further replies.