Mac OS X Multi Channel Audio Streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanTN

I am looking for a software solution that I can use to stream multiple radio feeds from. Based on what I can tell Nicecast, which I'm currently using for one stream, only allows a single channel (or instance) to be broadcast. I know this is capable on the Windows side by using various software and the M-Audio interface card; however I need a Mac solution. Long term I will be implementing several more feeds and would like to use a Mac Mini to broadcast these. Remotely administering these feeds on a Mac is extremely simple using Apple's Remote Desktop and it doesn't interrupt the stream. My goal would be to find compatible software that would support an M-Audio ProFire 2626. This 1U rackmount I/O device would allow me to connect eight scanners via firewire. Any of you have suggestions that I could look into? Surely I am not the only one who has ever wanted to do this on a Mac!

Keith_W7KEW

Under the hood of Mac OS X is a BSD Unix Kernel modified for mac. Any UNIX solution you can find can be used on the Mac. Mac Ports is a place to find UNIX software for the Mac.

ScanTN

Macports and Ezstream

Under the hood of Mac OS X is a BSD Unix Kernel modified for mac. Any UNIX solution you can find can be used on the Mac. Mac Ports is a place to find UNIX software for the Mac.

This looks great and I looked into it but it appears that something like this is only going to grab a file (.mp3 for instance) and broadcast up to the RadioReference ice servers. You don't happen to use this as a solution or have anymore guidance on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.