Audio Input Not Recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I run scannercast, it does not recommend ANY audio input. My recording software on the computer accepts and records the scanner, but the scannercast doesnt even give me an option?

Ive tried using the MIC, the LINE IN and a USB sound card and nothing with all of them. Ive uninstalled, deleted the file and reinstalled it and still nothing.

Any advice?

batlabs70

I should pickup what ever sound is select on the recording part of you windows mixer.

My problem is I need to use my mic sometimes when video conferencing, so I have to open windows mixer, select my mic, this means I have to shut down ScannerCast, otherwise I'll be broadcasting myself on my mic... I wish they would put a Line select On the ScannerCast so we wouldn't have this problem. it can be done, I made apps in VB6 before and I have done that for recording.. I think ScannerCast is VB.net... Hope someone does something about this...

PeterGV

K1PGV
I wish they would put a Line select On the ScannerCast so we wouldn't have this problem. it can be done, I made apps in VB6 before and I have done that for recording.. I think ScannerCast is VB.net... Hope someone does something about this...

ScannerCast doesn't selectively edit the list of sound devices. It lists every sound card input available on your computer. If it doesn't list Line and Mic separately, it's because the vendor for your sound card driver has not made these accessible.

I'm not saying there couldn't be a bug, of course. But I have never see a case where a sound input that's available to Windows from the sound card is not listed by ScannerCast.

BTW, ScannerCast is written in C# .Net -- If you have a VB.Net program that you run on that same computer and in that same configuration, that lists different sound input choices than ScannerCast lists, please send me both lists (what your program lists and what ScannerCast lists) and your VB.Net code. If you've found a bug, I'll be very grateful for the insight, and a lot of users here will be happy to get the fix.

Peter
K1PGV

batlabs70

Thz for the response...

Under Config Tab, Audio Sound input, I can select my sound card, I can't select Line In, Mic, Wave, ext ext... I have to do that threw windows mixer, once I select my Line in under windows mixer then my mic won't work for other apps because the mic isnt selected... I know I made a app in VB6 where you can select your Sound card and what you wanna record off of it, so I could select Line in to record off my VB6 program right on the program, and I can leave my mic selected in windows mixer for other apps.

I'll see if I can find my source it's on a old HD somewhere around here.

I know two other people that would sign up and broadcast two other county's that are not filled yet, they are gamers and they use their headsets all the time. It would sux for them have to kill their broadcast just because they are gaming.

thz again!

Kingscup

Feed Provider
I know two other people that would sign up and broadcast two other county's that are not filled yet, they are gamers and they use their headsets all the time. It would sux for them have to kill their broadcast just because they are gaming.

I am able to do this. I select the line in input on the Scannercast software for the feed. The software for gaming should have a drop down list of audio devices and you can pick which audio device you want to use. For me, I use a USB headset and I pick that for gaming. It does not come over onto the feed.

batlabs70

thz Kingscup, its gonna be a little while before I make it their houses, but I'll try the software on their pc's and see whats gonna happen... it must be my on board sound card on this Asus Board, I seen a screen shot of scanner cast and it had the line select on it... Kinda weird tho, I know I ran apps on this box before and you could select anything you wanted, while leaving the mic selected in windows mixer... So once again I'm just gonna try it when I get time and I'll post back.

Thz again everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.