RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2011, 11:41 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Streaming Theme Parks

I am just curious if there are any stream operators who live close enough to a major theme park and would be willing to stream the action over the summer. I would love to see more of these kinds of streams on RR but I don't know how much interest there is in listening to them. I would imagine that they would stay pretty busy and give quite a bit of good monitoring.
Sponsored links
Old 06-11-2011, 1:39 PM

Funny you should ask - I'm researching this forum to set up a feed of Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH in the next couple of weeks. I have the gear, just need to set it up at my father's house. He lives about 9 miles (as the crow flies) from the park, and I've already confirmed reception of several frequencies.

Any thoughts on which freq's I should provide? I'm thinking police, maintenance, and operations channels.
Old 06-15-2011, 8:00 AM
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

At least administration, security, and ride maintenance...
Old 06-15-2011, 9:05 AM
CenTex DBA
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I've considered Schlitterbahn Waterpark in New Braunfels, Texas, but, the Feed Provider Terms of Service state:

"Feed providers agree to not broadcast private businesses (Taxis, Buses, Towing, Security, Rental etc)."

In my instance, Schlitterbahn is a privately owned company, so technically it would be a violation.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:00 PM

I filed an application and have been approved for police, fire/ems, and operations frequencies. I had to exclude the "tactical" police frequency and the maintenance and administration channels as they would pertain primarily to business operations.

Theme parks are a bit of a special case I believe, they are privately owned, but generally do have their own emergency services.
Sponsored links
Old 06-15-2011, 3:44 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Im about 2 miles from Six Flags in NJ, but I considered it to be a private business.

Old 06-17-2011, 9:17 AM

What do you guys mean by streaming? Going on the air and letting others know about the park? Like how tight security is or what shape the rides are in? Just wondering cause me and my friends want to do something like that for music festivals over GMRS with a backpack radio/antennae setup. Just walk around and talk.
Old 06-17-2011, 4:15 PM
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I got the official word from Lindsay that streaming theme parks is out of the question. It would raise too many legal issues for RadioReference because they are private businesses. So having said that, I guess we'll just have to stick with scanning them in real life.
Old 06-18-2011, 7:39 AM

I was approved via the live audio approval form to stream police, fire, EMS, and operations channels of Cedar Point. Is there a way I can get in touch with Lindsay regarding this before I put the stream online? I'd like to make sure I am not doing anything wrong, however, I don't see any reason that at least the police / fire / EMS channels could not be covered.
Sponsored links
Old 06-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8oiu View Post
I was approved via the live audio approval form to stream police, fire, EMS, and operations channels of Cedar Point. Is there a way I can get in touch with Lindsay regarding this before I put the stream online? I'd like to make sure I am not doing anything wrong, however, I don't see any reason that at least the police / fire / EMS channels could not be covered.
I was the one who approved your feed. If i had seen anything against our terms of service i would have let you know. You are good to go from what you provided me.

If you have further questions il be happy to answer them. Thanks

Last edited by kendrik578; 06-18-2011 at 1:07 PM..
Old 06-19-2011, 12:21 AM

Kendrick - Thank you very much - just making sure I have all bases covered. I will only be streaming the frequencies discussed in our e-mail thread.
Old 09-21-2011, 8:29 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSYCUTTER View Post
Im about 2 miles from Six Flags in NJ, but I considered it to be a private business.
FWIW I worked there up until recently and a lot of the frequencies listed in the DB are incorrectly labeled. Some departments were shifted to new frequencies. However, I am too far away to pick them up in order to correctly identify them
Old 09-28-2011, 4:33 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by campeck View Post
What do you guys mean by streaming? Going on the air and letting others know about the park? Like how tight security is or what shape the rides are in? Just wondering cause me and my friends want to do something like that for music festivals over GMRS with a backpack radio/antennae setup. Just walk around and talk.
No, like having an online scanner feed broadcasting police/fire and ems operations from a certain area, that is what streaming is on RR.