Streaming Theme Parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I am just curious if there are any stream operators who live close enough to a major theme park and would be willing to stream the action over the summer. I would love to see more of these kinds of streams on RR but I don't know how much interest there is in listening to them. I would imagine that they would stay pretty busy and give quite a bit of good monitoring.

k8wtf

Funny you should ask - I'm researching this forum to set up a feed of Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH in the next couple of weeks. I have the gear, just need to set it up at my father's house. He lives about 9 miles (as the crow flies) from the park, and I've already confirmed reception of several frequencies.

Any thoughts on which freq's I should provide? I'm thinking police, maintenance, and operations channels.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I've considered Schlitterbahn Waterpark in New Braunfels, Texas, but, the Feed Provider Terms of Service state:

"Feed providers agree to not broadcast private businesses (Taxis, Buses, Towing, Security, Rental etc)."

In my instance, Schlitterbahn is a privately owned company, so technically it would be a violation.

k8wtf

I filed an application and have been approved for police, fire/ems, and operations frequencies. I had to exclude the "tactical" police frequency and the maintenance and administration channels as they would pertain primarily to business operations.

Theme parks are a bit of a special case I believe, they are privately owned, but generally do have their own emergency services.

campeck

What do you guys mean by streaming? Going on the air and letting others know about the park? Like how tight security is or what shape the rides are in? Just wondering cause me and my friends want to do something like that for music festivals over GMRS with a backpack radio/antennae setup. Just walk around and talk.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I got the official word from Lindsay that streaming theme parks is out of the question. It would raise too many legal issues for RadioReference because they are private businesses. So having said that, I guess we'll just have to stick with scanning them in real life. :)

k8wtf

I was approved via the live audio approval form to stream police, fire, EMS, and operations channels of Cedar Point. Is there a way I can get in touch with Lindsay regarding this before I put the stream online? I'd like to make sure I am not doing anything wrong, however, I don't see any reason that at least the police / fire / EMS channels could not be covered.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I was approved via the live audio approval form to stream police, fire, EMS, and operations channels of Cedar Point. Is there a way I can get in touch with Lindsay regarding this before I put the stream online? I'd like to make sure I am not doing anything wrong, however, I don't see any reason that at least the police / fire / EMS channels could not be covered.

I was the one who approved your feed. If i had seen anything against our terms of service i would have let you know. You are good to go from what you provided me.

If you have further questions il be happy to answer them. Thanks

Last edited:

k8wtf

Kendrick - Thank you very much - just making sure I have all bases covered. I will only be streaming the frequencies discussed in our e-mail thread.

ReddHead

Im about 2 miles from Six Flags in NJ, but I considered it to be a private business.

FWIW I worked there up until recently and a lot of the frequencies listed in the DB are incorrectly labeled. Some departments were shifted to new frequencies. However, I am too far away to pick them up in order to correctly identify them :(

cifn2

Feed Provider
What do you guys mean by streaming? Going on the air and letting others know about the park? Like how tight security is or what shape the rides are in? Just wondering cause me and my friends want to do something like that for music festivals over GMRS with a backpack radio/antennae setup. Just walk around and talk.

No, like having an online scanner feed broadcasting police/fire and ems operations from a certain area, that is what streaming is on RR.

Status
Not open for further replies.