No Audio over Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9AJM

Feed Provider
I finally got up and operating. I have connected to the RR server and says I'm connected. I can connect onto the site w/another computer with Media Player and everything seems like its working, but I have no audio coming thru.

On the sending computer, I have the scanner audio coming thru the speaker attached to it, so I must have input to the system.

Any thoughts on this?

I'm running Xp SP3 and .Net V2.0. I'm connected thru a LinkSys 4 port router to the Time-Warner Roadrunner cable system. Using Microsoft Security Essentials anti Virus on sending system. I'm using Windows XP Firewall plus whatever is in the router and or cable modem.

Both of the above computers are connected thru the same router to the RoadRunner cable modem.

IMO, I should be able to send on one computer to the RR server and receive from the RR server over the net with another one.

Andy

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I can connect onto the site w/another computer with Media Player and everything seems like its working, but I have no audio coming thru.

On the sending computer, I have the scanner audio coming thru the speaker attached to it, so I must have input to the system.

Any thoughts on this?
The audio being streamed uses the RECORD path from your computer. What you hear through the speakers uses the PLAYBACK path. Two different sets of settings.

I use a digital level meter to monitor the audio I am streaming or recording. To get started I'll select the NOAA weather channel on the scanner so I have constant audio. Open the RECORD PROPERTIES on your Windows computer and select the sound card and source. Make sure you have the source selected and then set the slider to a good volume on the meter. Put your scanner back on what you are feeding and you'll probably need to tweak the level slightly.

Good luck

W9AJM

Feed Provider
Thanks, but I have it working now. Another fella on a different forum got me pointed in the right direction as I wasn't ware of the recording side of the audio control panel. Do you have any idea what the input sensitivity is of the LINE INPUT jack? I have the audio padded wayyyyy down to stop it from topping the audio level display, or do these have some automatic levels controls on them? This is on board audio on an older HP machine.

A

Status
Not open for further replies.