Live audio comes out of PC speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Greetings, I have my feed working now and it's sounds great, a lot better than I anticipated. I do however have a related question.
My live scanner audio comes through on the left channel of my PC. When listening to my stream I get the usual delay as well (just to check quality, I don't normally listen to my own feed at home). It can also get confusing when listening to other feeds.
Is there a way to stop the live audio to my left channel either using my PC or the scanner? I use the record-out jack to the line-in on my sound card so I "can" listen to my scanner live.
I am using a BCT15 through a Dell desktop with 1 shielded RS cable and Scannercast. I am knowledgeable about scanners, but my computer skills are somewhat limited. Thanks.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Let's say you are using the mic input of a sound card to receive the audio from your scanner. You use the RECORD properties to set the level of the audio that is being streamed. You can listen to the scanner "directly" on your computer by selecting/mixing the mic input of the PLAYBACK properties. If you don't want to hear your scanner directly, MUTE the mic input of the PLAYBACK properties. This will not mute what is being streamed; you do that in record properties.

Of course if using LINE input or whatever, substitute that in my example.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Could you have made this any more confusing. Why even mention something that does not apply to my original post.

I went into my sound card volume control. The only way I can correct this is by turning down the left speaker altogether. I guess I will just have to listen to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.