RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 3:43 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default ProScan remote scanner mobile app?

I was going to make a suggestion to ProScan but I wanted to see how others thought about it first.

I know Win500 has a mobile remote scanner app, but for those that use ProScan.. would you use a remote scanner app for your iPhone or Android?

I think it would be very useful. What do you think?
Sponsored links
Old 07-05-2011, 7:53 PM

If I could connect to my scanner with wm6 or ipod, that would be great!
Old 07-05-2011, 9:52 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabaynews View Post
I was going to make a suggestion to ProScan but I wanted to see how others thought about it first.

I know Win500 has a mobile remote scanner app, but for those that use ProScan.. would you use a remote scanner app for your iPhone or Android?

Do you mean the Win500 Pocket PC monitoring client?
Old 07-06-2011, 9:24 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by datainmotion View Post
Do you mean the Win500 Pocket PC monitoring client?
Correct.
Old 07-06-2011, 9:32 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Post Mobile APP

Quote:

I already suggested that to BOB. His reply was "Why reinvent the wheel?" and he told me to use XIIA if I wanted tags info. I thought a mobile version of SCANNER Over IP would be great to be able to log on and change scanner settings via mobile w/o being on a computer. I don't listen to my feed often via mobile, but I check it now and then to verify it is working. I guess I am saying a PROSCAN Client type APP where you could log on with a PW would be great.
Ham Gear: Icom 7000, U82, V82, V8
Sponsored links

Old 07-06-2011, 9:34 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

If Bob would program ProScan Remote for Android, I'd actually use the remote feature. Don't think it will ever happen though.
Old 07-06-2011, 9:42 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Post Android APP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfreiman View Post
If Bob would program ProScan Remote for Android, I'd actually use the remote feature. Don't think it will ever happen though.

I think if it wasn't included in the license fee for Proscan that I would probably be willing to part with up to $10 for a ANDROID Mobile APP that works like Proscan Client.
Old 07-06-2011, 9:57 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaf1956 View Post
I think if it wasn't included in the license fee for Proscan that I would probably be willing to part with up to $10 for a ANDROID Mobile APP that works like Proscan Client.
Me too!
Old 07-06-2011, 4:27 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Wirelessly posted (Clacking rocks together: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX5-26) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Win500 would be great on Android!
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2012, 1:25 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Yes!

If I could monitor my feeds from my iPhone/iPad AND access the recording I would be using it much more. Especially if there was a temporary playback function to just listen to the last 30 seconds or so. I've been thinking an app would be useful for a long time now... Come on Bob!
Old 07-23-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TintesB View Post
If I could monitor my feeds from my iPhone/iPad AND access the recording I would be using it much more. Especially if there was a temporary playback function to just listen to the last 30 seconds or so. I've been thinking an app would be useful for a long time now... Come on Bob!
You can with the Web Server. Set the WS to serve a folder containing the recordings.
Point your browser to the URL of the WS and click the recording folder and file. Also click the Listen Live link to listen to the scanner in real time.
Old 08-26-2012, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfreiman View Post
I would like to take on the challenge but it takes a lot of time. 3 to 6 or 7 years (depending on features) for each type of tablet and smart phones. The latest Web Server has remote control which can be used on any browser. Not 100% tested with all the browser but getting a lot of favorable reports.

Last edited by ProScan; 08-26-2012 at 7:54 PM..
Old 09-07-2012, 3:25 PM

You don't need Bob to make one. Just use ProScan and this:

Best Remote Desktop App | Access Computer from iPad | Splashtop

It puts your PC desktop on your phone/tablet, and allows you to listen to the audio AND control the scanner using the Proscan controls. Well worth $1.99 for iPhone or $4.99 for Android.
To get internet access you make an account with them. No router settings or anything. And the audio is in sync with the virtual scanner screen, depending on your internet speeds. Use the ProScan "scanner only" setting and you have instant access to all the ProScan controls from your device. You can zoom on on the virtual display to get the same screen as on your PC, and move around to click any of the on screen controls. Well worth the money. I don't have an Android phone, but I was able to tether my tablet to my iPhone and it works great, in fact I think the Android version may be more stable than the iPhone version.
Old 10-02-2012, 9:58 PM

Default ProScan with iPhone- works great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProScan View Post
I would like to take on the challenge but it takes a lot of time. 3 to 6 or 7 years (depending on features) for each type of tablet and smart phones. The latest Web Server has remote control which can be used on any browser. Not 100% tested with all the browser but getting a lot of favorable reports.
I recently installed the 6.2 version of ProScan- I am quite impressed by its compatability with the iPhone. I have been able to very reliably connect to my scanner audio stream by just pointing a web browser at my home ProScan server IP address and clicking the "Listen Live" button- the default music player started up and played properly. The only feature missing was the metadata tags. Doing some more online research and experimenting I confirmed that the Wunder Radio APP indeed displays the associated channel metadata- even through the lock screen on the iPhone. There are some issues with synchronization between the audio and tags, but that may well be inherent to how the tags and buffering timing works.

I hope that future versions of ProScan may allow us to also play back recorded channel/time tagged specific recordings from ProScan through audio players of this sort- that will give us a very powerful tool!

Nice enhancements Bob.
Old 10-03-2012, 1:55 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile

Quote:

I asked BOB about that very thing and so have others...his response was "Why reinvent the wheel?"

I for one would love to be able to control the scanner from my HTC android phone like I can from a computer with scanner over IP and Proscan.

EDIT: After reading some prior posts I see this post was not needed...

Last edited by eaf1956; 10-03-2012 at 2:01 AM..
Sponsored links